Bristol fashion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol fashion

Bristol fashion

15 years ago we brought you that most splendid of between wars aeroplanes, the Bristol Bulldog. It became one of our most popular productions and we still get asked about it today.

So much so that we have decided, 15 years later to do the upgrade (only joking) .

What we have done is develop a totally new High Definition model which we hope will do this venerable aeroplane justice and hopefully keep people happy for the next 15 years...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BulldogH.jpg   BulldogG.jpg   Bulldogi.jpg   BulldogC.jpg   BulldogA.jpg  

Brilliant. Thank you Bazzar. That's another one for me to sneak past Mrs H. I do like those wip shots you publish showing the new project in a hangar, naked but still reflecting the light.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flashheart.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	293.1 KB 
ID:	59740

Woof !!

Dave

Great news!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

My prayers have been answered!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Didn't quite escape.
    Ooh! Crackin'!

Ian P.

Maybe one of our talented scenery designers will build a home for it. Kenley, perhaps?

Smashing!!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    A Bulldog was what Douglas Bader was flying, doing low-level aerobatics on a dare, when he crashed and lost his legs. Maybe a color scheme from the squadron he was a part of at the time would be in keeping.

I think the squadron he was a member of was furnishing the RAF's service aerobatic team, flying Bulldogs, and Bader was a part of it.

This is the 15 year old AH Bulldog in the scheme of the aircraft in which Douglas Bader crashed.

Its still a very nice model, but nevertheless I'm very much looking forward to the "updated" one!

Cheers,
    Huub

I think the squadron he was a member of was furnishing the RAF's service aerobatic team, flying Bulldogs

23 Squadron, at Kenley.

Outstanding! This should be a fun one, my wallet is at the ready!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    23 Squadron, at Kenley. [/COLOR]
    Apparently Kenley was quite popular with Bulldog pilots... This is a list of who was based where, when equipped with Bulldogs:

3 Kenley
    17 Kenley
    19 Duxford
    23 Kenley
    29 North Weald
    32 Kenley / Biggin Hill
    41 Northolt
    54 Hornchurch
    56 North Weald
    111 Hornchurch / Northolt

Biggin Hill, Duxford, Northolt and North Weald aren't really options as they get modern AI traffic in many peoples' sims, so we have Hornchurch (done) and Kenley... yeah. I'm already doing it in half-bombed-out state, so I guess I should be able to backdate it as well.

Cheers,

Ian P.

bazzar, throw in an aircraft config and air file, and I'll buy the Bulldog just the way it is,lol

Always did like the Bulldog; damn good looking airplane. A biplane's biplane.

Thanks for the great news!

N.

awesome,its on my list to get,thanks

Bazaar FWIW there was one of these in OZ in the late 70's early 80's. Was actually owned by a farmer who lived near Rylstone-Bathurst way. He used it for his personal transport to and from Sydney (Bankstown Airport). When I first saw it at Bankstown I thought it was a pretty cool aeroplane then and amazed that it was airworthy and regularly flown like a workhorse. Not sure what happened to it but given the age of the owner at the time he sadly probably has passed by now as to the fate of the aeroplane - don't know, probably still in as shed out there!

Interesting. I didn't know that. We'll have to start tracking it down!

We have Mk. IV here in Finland. Only country to have scored aerial victories with the type?

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    We have Mk. IV here in Finland. Only country to have scored aerial victories with the type?
    Republican Spain, possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    RAF Gladiators scored victories in Norway, the Mediterranean and North Africa. “Pat” Pattle scored a number of his ace’s victories in a Gladiator.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Didn't quite escape.
    Lots of people have considerable aerial victories in Gladiators - they were in service, if not entirely intentionally, well into WW2. The Bristol Bulldog was, in most cases, replaced in Squadron service by the Gladiator. The Gladiator was then replaced by Hurricanes, Spitfires or in a few cases, completely different types, as the role of the Squadron was changed for wartime operational requirements.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Isn't William Njurmi talking about Finland's Bulldog Mk.IVAs ? He didn't mention the Gladiator. Or am I missing something ?

Lovely, and ship shape too.

Members who have read this thread: 0