IRIS A-10 FLIR Fix?

Thread: IRIS A-10 FLIR Fix?

Icon5 IRIS A-10 FLIR Fix?

Has anyone found a solution to getting the flir working on the A-10 in v4? I ported the plane over, removed the 32 bit DLL's an replaced the sound DLL with Doug Dawsons. Everything seems to be working as usual except the FLIR. After the warmup time I get a crosshair but no image. Just curious if anyone has found a workaround.

I'm not sure there will ever be a solution for this, unfortunately.
    If I understood correctly, once you have TacPack, the FLIR image is rendered using special features/materials which are P3D-specific. Since the A-10 is a FSX-native aircraft, the FLIR work in a FSX-way which is not available in P3D. IRIS would need to produce a new model made with the P3Dv4 SDKs for the FLIR to work, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm not sure there will ever be a solution for this, unfortunately.
    If I understood correctly, once you have TacPack, the FLIR image is rendered using special features/materials which are P3D-specific. Since the A-10 is a FSX-native aircraft, the FLIR work in a FSX-way which is not available in P3D. IRIS would need to produce a new model made with the P3Dv4 SDKs for the FLIR to work, I suppose.

I doubt they will produce a 64 bit warthog but I could be wrong. The only gauge I found looks like it only relates to the screen overlay cross-hairs and an LVAR in TP_CORE.xml on line 323. I will keep working at it till I get frustrated and just implement the F1 GTN 750 in its place.

Does this work (FLIR) in other previous versions of P3D? This will be on of my first port-overs when I switch from FSX. I thought P3D was built with sim EO/IR targeting pods in mind?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Does this work (FLIR) in other previous versions of P3D? This will be on of my first port-overs when I switch from FSX. I thought P3D was built with sim EO/IR targeting pods in mind?

I am not sure. I jumped from FSX to P3D v4.

Members who have read this thread: 3