Dvslats-schupe a-20g conversion....

Thread: Dvslats-schupe a-20g conversion....

Dvslats-schupe a-20g conversion....

...Just installed this plane and it looks great. I just have a small problem with getting the flight crew to report to the plane. Any little tidbit that I might be missing in attempting to get these guys to report to their plane?

If i read right.... it's the Concorde or visor key you have to asign.....

Mav

MAV......

..that's what I thought but I tried it and so far all I did was get callouses on my fingertips. The crew is still in the lounge.

Hey Fibs, it's this one. Then scroll down and assign keys to Retract blah blah.

Dave

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Pass the word for them to "Muster on station!"
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Okay....

...just dug out the old bosun pipe and trilled "Flight quarters!" and those who don't show lose their allotment of JWB for the month!" Well the Flight Officer showed up (concorde assignment re-done) but no turret enlisted puke.
    Do I need to cut off his 3.2 or does he need a special invitation (another key assignment) for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ...just dug out the old bosun pipe and trilled "Flight quarters!" and those who don't show lose their allotment of JWB for the month!" Well the Flight Officer showed up (concorde assignment re-done) but no turret enlisted puke.
    Do I need to cut off his 3.2 or does he need a special invitation (another key assignment) for him?
    How do you get a rear gunner to stand up? With a tail hook of course.

DV........

.....clever play on words there!!!! Thanks!

That nude brunet off the coast should work as well

Sarg...

..we only needed him to stand up. Not be at "ATTENTION"!

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ..we only needed him to stand up. Not be at "ATTENTION"!
    Are you suggesting that both barrels are cocked and loaded? Or did he unload on the target before it got within range?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Before we divert here...

..remember it's a "Family friendly" site. Lets not get too risque.

Icon22 Reply...

Fibber,

Couldn’t resist, it was too well set up.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Rami.........

.......I know. It was so tempting to write more than I did. Had to really restrain myself.

Off this topic....

...on a serious side. I was using the TR A-20B, first time using it, in the Bismark Sea missions and I seem to have a small problem with it. The bloody thing puts its nose up and wants to keep climbing. I go in for a strafe and have to keep full down pressure on the stick to even get the nose to go down! Slack off and it climbs. Anyone else have a problem, or is it only me.
    Also in the mission the plane starts on a hilltop! The field can be seen to the left a bit away. When I fly over that airfield it shows a location of So. 23.60' East 147.13.30' at dead center of the strip. What mesh is used in that campaign\mission?

Fibber,

Decrease the cruise lift scale in the aircraft.cfg:

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar=1.0
    parasite_drag_scalar=1.0
    induced_drag_scalar=1.0
    elevator_effectiveness=1.0
    aileron_effectiveness=1.0
    rudder_effectiveness=1.0
    pitch_stability=1.0
    roll_stability=1.0
    yaw_stability=1.0
    elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0
    aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0
    rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0

Set it at 0.7, test in normal level flight to top speed and also in gliding attack runs. Then make incremental adjustments downward in tenths from there to get what you want.

When flying a model that seems nose-heavy (without trim), you can adjust carefully in the opposite direction by increasing the the scale by hundredths, i.e. 1.05, 1.06 and so on.
    Last edited by bearcat241; April 21st, 2018 at 11:31.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

That's a new one to me Bearcat. I'll have to experiment with it.

I also adjust nose or tail heavy conditions in the .cfg file, but I do it in the weight and balance / empty weight CG section section. This section looks like this:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
    empty_weight=33280

reference_datum_position= 0.0, 0, 0 // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)
    empty_weight_CG_position= 0.0, 0, 0 // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the aircraft center of gravity is positioned correctly the (feet) longitudinal number is 0.0. This is often wrong.

If the plane is nose heavy the CG needs to be shifted rearwards until the plane files level in cruise - which is a negative number like this:
    empty_weight_CG_position=-1.5, 0, 0 // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

If the plane is tail heavy the CG needs to be shifted forwards until the plane files level in cruise - which is a positive number like this:
    empty_weight_CG_position=1.5, 0, 0 // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

It's a matter of changing the CG position to find where the same weight is fore and aft of the CG, and test flying until the plane flies level. It can take some time but it makes flying the plane much more pleasant when you get it adjusted.

In much the same way, a real life cargo aircraft Loadmaster will calculate the position of the cargo so that fore and aft weight balances at the CG as much as possible.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Bc and ck.....

Thanks for the info. What I actually did was utilize both suggestion. I decreased the cruise_lift_scalar to 0.5 from 1.00 I also moved the CG to .2 . Now it flies reasonably level and I am not constantly fighting to keep the nose down. And as a mohel would say "thanks again for the tips" J/k. Both of you.

Members who have read this thread: 0