New RFN Carrier Gauge version for FSX/P3D/P3Dv4

Thread: New RFN Carrier Gauge version for FSX/P3D/P3Dv4

New RFN Carrier Gauge version for FSX/P3D/P3Dv4

Hi,
    We have just released the Version 5.0 of our RFN Carrier Gauge.
    This last version provides a new design of the Tacan Indicator and Radio panel in addition of the existing design.
    This design, inspired of MFD panels, brings some nice extra screens with new features like, for instance, the ability to tune the TACAN frequency by picking up the carrier or FCLP zone directly into the list of items.

We took the opportunity if this new version to add also an extra carrier landing feature : the Long Range Laser Line Up System.
    It is a colored laser light system that indicates to the pilot how the plane is positioned regarding the center line of the angle deck runway: red if left, amber on lined, green right, etc..
    Note also that the gauge is synchronizing with vLSO tool : many tests have been done by Serge (the vLSO creator) and Michel (real life former pilot and RFN team mate).

Last, this V5.0 is compatible with FSXA/FSX-SE, P3Dv1 to v3 for 32bits systems and P3DV4 for 64bits systems
    You can find the gauge here:
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Gau

I hope you'll enjoy this last version,
    regards,
    Sylvain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot371.jpg  

Thank you very much Sylvain, this is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Can't wait to upgrade our aircraft tomorrow. Serge (Paddles) said this was coming and "voila" its here. Thank you to Michel as well.

Looks GREAT! Thanks for the heads up! NC

Many thanks Sylvain,I saw something on the net about the new redesigned RFN gauge a few weeks ago,and have been looking foward to it ever since,in fact,I was going to PM you about it this week sometime,but lo,and behold it's here,and,I am off to do some cats,and arrests,also thanks to Serge for his wonderful vLSO.

Superb! Merci Sylvain!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

THX

A big "Thank you" for this small but hot gauge!

RS

Hi the cats steam effect is missing from the the Charles de Gaulle with the newest version of the RFN gauge using FSX,also do you plan to make a universal steam effect option for all FSX carriers in the future versions of the gauge and not just for the P3d versions? Thanks for all your hard work all involved in making this wonderful gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hi the cats steam effect is missing from the the Charles de Gaulle with the newest version of the RFN gauge using FSX,also do you plan to make a universal steam effect option for all FSX carriers in the future versions of the gauge and not just for the P3d versions? Thanks for all your hard work all involved in making this wonderful gauge.
    Hi,
    The missing steam effect with CDG carrier is a bug that I'll fix very soon.
    Having a "universal steam effect" for FSX is already included into the current gauge but the steam is not visible... For an unknown reason the steam effect is not drawn over the carrier 3D model : if you move the eyepoint in order to have no ship 3D objects between the sky and the steam, you will see the effect... And if you replace the steam effect by a light effect, the light will be visible without any issue...
    I have no idea, so far, on how to fix or walk around this FSX rendering bug/behavior...
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,thanks for the answers,and maybe with some luck you eventually will figure out the universal cats steam effect for the FSX RFN gauge.

Members who have read this thread: 4