FSX/P3D Convair Model 7002 XA-92A BETA v1.0

Thread: FSX/P3D Convair Model 7002 XA-92A BETA v1.0

FSX/P3D Convair Model 7002 XA-92A BETA v1.0

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Experimental Aircraft

Description: FSX/P3D Convair Model 7002 XA-92A BETA v1.0

by Milton Shupe, Rick Mackintosh, Brian Alexson, Scott Thomas, Hans-Joerg Naegele, Jan Rosenberg, Nigel Richards and Pilot Figure by Jan Visser

The "GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome" texture used is copyright by Bob "Bananabob" Riveria.

The Convair model 7002 or (P-92), a delta winged turbojet airplane, better known as the XF-92A, was the first in a long line of American Delta Winged Aircraft.

The XF-92A was a single seat, jet propelled research fighter-type land plane. Characterised by a 60º delta wing and a large vertical tail, the wing planform of the XF-92A was an equilateral triangle with a span of 31’4”. With no separate horizontal tail surfaces, the elevons (combined elevator/aileron) provided the pitch and roll control for the aircraft.

The authors of this package honor that development and testing that propelled the advancement of the delta wing concepts and use.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D Convair Model 7002 XA-92A BETA v1.0
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

For the project history and more screen shots, see this thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...elta-Wing-Test
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

just flew it around Edwards amazing plane very cool the stall warning never went off though stay on the Total Flight
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Great Job

Milton, Rick, Scott, Nigel and the rest of the team..Excellent job! Having made about half dozen landings (successful) I am really appreciating the high detail in the VC. Having no problem touching down @ 125kts 6-7 degrees nose up 154 fpm descent. You're right about one thing: In the air, this beast is slippier than snot on a door knob. There's s sound that "visits" when exceeding 2g and it almost sounds like a growl. It's very neat. I'm running this beast through two 15" commercial woofers and that AB really rocks.. great job on the sound. Other than what's been reported, I have experienced no issues. I think Pam might have brought it up earlier, during trans sonic operations it gets a little squirrely, but who am I to question.. Maybe it's supposed to do that. Once through it settles down. Great plane to fly. I'm using FSX-A on W7. This is a lot of fun... Thank you, team very much.. Super job.. Terry

X-92A Fly's as Advertised

Thank you Milton and the others for delivering a visually stunning model! I've waited for this aircraft since I saw the first thread (I'm a big fan of early (1950-60's) experimental aircraft). I flew all the variants last night and read over some of the flight test history of the X-92A and I think you hit all of the performance numbers that FS can accurately simulate. The transonic speed of Mach 1.01 (approximately 770 mph) in a dive with full power was achieved and the pitch-up phenomena at high speed was also a nice feature. I tried to stall the aircraft and it would break forward and attempt a recovery. I tried to cross-couple the controls to spin the aircraft, however it would roll into a spiral dive and accelerate to a flying speed requiring the angle of attack to be lowered in order to recover. Trimming the aircraft was a little bit of a challenge as it would oscillate through the trim setting as if it had neutral or slightly negative static stability. The approaches were fun to make with a slightly high pitch attitude on final with an approach speed about 165 IAS. Arresting the sink rate at this speed in a stable approach was no effort and the touchdown and roll out was characteristic of the X-92A, high pitch attitude and long roll out distances. I attempted the very low speed approaches that Chuck Yeager said he had made (i.e. 67 mph), however for me it just resulted in higher sink rates and a danger of hitting the tail. I'll keep practicing it! I think I read your planning a speed brake. I would enjoy seeing the additional modifications, maybe even stall fences that were used by X-92A developers to limit its high speed pitch up characteristics. Excited to see the additional updates and looking forward to the X-3!!!

Here are a couple of images for the 1953 configuration of it we have here in town.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Vis...0/convair-xf-/
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Nice shots Major; thanks for sharing them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by rpetty View Post
    Thank you Milton and the others for delivering a visually stunning model! I've waited for this aircraft since I saw the first thread (I'm a big fan of early (1950-60's) experimental aircraft). I flew all the variants last night and read over some of the flight test history of the X-92A and I think you hit all of the performance numbers that FS can accurately simulate. The transonic speed of Mach 1.01 (approximately 770 mph) in a dive with full power was achieved and the pitch-up phenomena at high speed was also a nice feature. I tried to stall the aircraft and it would break forward and attempt a recovery. I tried to cross-couple the controls to spin the aircraft, however it would roll into a spiral dive and accelerate to a flying speed requiring the angle of attack to be lowered in order to recover. Trimming the aircraft was a little bit of a challenge as it would oscillate through the trim setting as if it had neutral or slightly negative static stability. The approaches were fun to make with a slightly high pitch attitude on final with an approach speed about 165 IAS. Arresting the sink rate at this speed in a stable approach was no effort and the touchdown and roll out was characteristic of the X-92A, high pitch attitude and long roll out distances. I attempted the very low speed approaches that Chuck Yeager said he had made (i.e. 67 mph), however for me it just resulted in higher sink rates and a danger of hitting the tail. I'll keep practicing it! I think I read your planning a speed brake. I would enjoy seeing the additional modifications, maybe even stall fences that were used by X-92A developers to limit its high speed pitch up characteristics. Excited to see the additional updates and looking forward to the X-3!!!
    Thank you for the comments; looking good and performing as expected.

BTW, I think Chuck's comments were about stalling at altitude, not landing it that way. A tail strike would have been imminent at the stated AoA.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0