GAS WIP - Stearman - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GAS WIP - Stearman

I don’t think you will be disappointed. Not sure what a Bozendorfer is. Google search says it’s German for a Grand piano

Hey Spad, I just started my new job working in the Headquarters of the Collings Foundation, where we have two Stearmans on site. If you need any photos for further reference or to corroborate modeling and cockpit choices let me know and I can snag them on my lunch breaks!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Hey Spad, I just started my new job working in the Headquarters of the Collings Foundation, where we have two Stearmans on site. If you need any photos for further reference or to corroborate modeling and cockpit choices let me know and I can snag them on my lunch breaks!
    Any assistance would be appreciated. I'll pm you.

Looking forward to this new version.

Not that long ago I was looking for a Stearman and went through a couple different versions before I found the VertigoStudios version that I was happy with, but a true P3D4 compatible version will be very welcome.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

@ Spad - It might be a reference to a German WWII pilot (can't remember which one) who made the disparaging comparison of the Stearman to their Bucker Jungmann trainers - said the big clumsy Stearman flew like a grand piano compared to the nimble Jungmann
    It might have been Udet or Rall who said it - after the war and after he'd had a chance to fly the Boeing
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Progress Update

While the VC continues to be developed the exterior of the PT-17 is complete. This is the clean version a slightly distressed livery is being developed. We've come to the decision that the Naval variant will be modeled as the PT-13D - N2S-2 with the Lycoming R-680-17. Here is the PT-17 in FSX

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image22.jpg   Image23.jpg   Image24.jpg   Image25.jpg  

P3d v4

The model is fully compatible with all versions of P3D here are screen shots in V4.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3D4.1.jpg   P3D4.2.jpg   P3D4.3.jpg   P3D4.4.jpg  

She is looking very pretty indeed
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Another must buy for me. I have every flight sim Stearman I can find. Stearmans have a special place in my heart. My dad put over 5000 hours on them during his life as an ag pilot. Sometimes I think half my wasted youth was spent sitting on the top wing holding the gas nozzle, letting the air from the idling engine cool me off a little from the hot Arkansas summers. From the photos it looks like the new model has a slightly more rounded fuselage than others I've seen, this one seems to capture the shape I remember. Thanks for continuing to produce these great Golden Age aircraft.

bwb

Another must buy for me.
    And for me. I liked the David Eckert one in FS2004, and even with an incomplete panel the Vertigo one is among my most flown a/c in FSX, so a new one will be very welcome.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    She is looking very pretty indeed
    Agreed!!!!
    Rob Schreiber

N2s-3 wip

Looking really good!

This one is the Fantasy of flight example. It would go well with my scenery for Kermit's playground. I'd probably do it if you can't.

Really looking forward to this ac . Huge fan of GAS aircraft . I'll be to get this one !
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Waiting is soooo hard

Looking forward to your release. I also started with Dave's in FS9 and my good fs buddy who is now flying with the angels used to do multiplayer together in FSX in them all over North Carolina low and slow. Great job! I did a WASP repaint of it from photos and shared it online in AVSIM with his permission but it got lost somehow.

Note: If you want to see the Navy's Primary Flight Training movies in the Stearman you can purchase the complete set with manuals from Zeno's Warbirds. Also used to find them on utube as well as a few contemporary ones. I have the complete set and enjoy watching them. How I learned how to fly it back when. Here is the link for the POH in pdf:

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/thread...al-link.20421/
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; July 3rd, 2018 at 07:05. Reason: added more information

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Looking really good!

This one is the Fantasy of flight example. It would go well with my scenery for Kermit's playground. I'd probably do it if you can't.
    The Stearman will be my first GAS purchase. Really looking forward to it.

Dimus, this would be my default livery if painted. A beautiful one, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Looking really good!

As we've designed the model we've tried to make it friendly for the add-on livery designers. A paint kit will be included with the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    As we've designed the model we've tried to make it friendly for the add-on livery designers. A paint kit will be included with the release.
    Excellent!

FSX-A with DX10

Golden Age Simulations PT-17 Stearman with the Continental engine.

The Lycoming powered PT-13 will also be coming in due time.

These are beta images of the PT-17 - the sound files are amazing as is the 'Crew Start' feature
    Paul says the release is still pending, a bit of work needs to be done and checked - but I think folks will be very pleased with this all out effort on the part of the GAS Company. Very Pleased.
    enter..the Sandman

the sound files are amazing as is the 'Crew Start' feature
    Now THAT sounds very intriguing. I'm guessing this is a simulation of the early hand-cranked inertia starters? Guess we'll find out soon enough!

I really like the inclusion of a virtual head in the front cockpit, too. That's a nice touch of immersion when flying an open tandem seater. This'll definitely be a day-one buy for me!
    -Mark

Last edited by heywooood; July 4th, 2018 at 19:21.
    enter..the Sandman

Student Pilot

Notice in the this shot that there is no one up front. Is that a click option to have someone upfront or not like A2A has in some aircraft with a menu to add or subtract passengers, copilot, chocks, flags, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Notice in the this shot that there is no one up front. Is that a click option to have someone upfront or not like A2A has in some aircraft with a menu to add or subtract passengers, copilot, chocks, flags, etc.?
    There is a hot point in the rear cockpit that will toggle the student pilot in and out

Student Pilot Hotspot

Thank you sounds good. Do you plan to have chocks visible when parking brake is set? I think that is really cool but I know that's icing not "the cake". I know how to ask things but have no clue how to do them or how difficult it is.

Members who have read this thread: 0