Combined Effects.xml Uploaded

Thread: Combined Effects.xml Uploaded

Hybrid View

SOH-CM-2020

Combined Effects.xml Uploaded

I've uploaded an effects.xml file which works in my MAW, ETO and Bob installs. It will be found under CFS3 other - Effects when admins accept it. It has most if not all of the new effects associated with all the loverly new aircraft recently created for CFS3 including Typhoons, Spitfires and FW 190s.

The effects.xml is in alphabetic order to make finding entries easier. There are very few if any duplicate entries.

I'll be interested to hear if it makes a difference, I've been using most of this stuff for a while so I have nothing to compare it with.

New effects

Well done that man,iv`e downloaded and installed the xml in one of my ETO`s and it looks good,did you work on the gun smoke as it appears a lot nicer now.
    alcanallen

Thanks, downloading now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by alcanallen View Post
    Well done that man,iv`e downloaded and installed the xml in one of my ETO`s and it looks good,did you work on the gun smoke as it appears a lot nicer now.
    alcanallen
    Well lets hope its all good. The file is 4.2 Mb so way bigger than other effects.xml. When I was merging the files I kept coming across sections of old effects that had gone from "newer" versions. I have tried to retain everything so long as it has a different name, so maybe some of the older standard effects can look a bit better.

This breaks the altitude dependent contrail effect for use with AnKor's Shaders.

Here's the section that needs to be replaced.

Code:
    <high_contrail_1 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="30" FadeInTime="5" FadeOutTime="25" PosX="0" PosY="-0.5" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2000" SegmentLength="12" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1" InitialAlpha="0.0" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha="0.33" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0.0" FinalColor="222 222 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
       <high_contrail_2 ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="30" FadeInTime="5" FadeOutTime="25" PosX="0" PosY="0.5" PosZ="0" CountSegments="2743" SegmentLength="8.75" Width="3.6" WidthGrow="1" InitialAlpha="0.0" InitialColor="255 255 255" Alpha="0.33" Color="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0.0" FinalColor="222 222 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    also post #723 in this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Shaders/page29 has instructions for fixing the alpha transparency for the wingtip G Trail effect, and provides a way to make it altitude dependent.

Code:
    <fx_N_gtrail ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="N_track_contrail_s"/>
    <N_track_contrail_s ClassName="TrackEffect" FlatTrack="0" Lifetime="0" InitialDelay="0" ParticleLifetime="0.15" FadeInTime="0.02" FadeOutTime="0.12" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" CountSegments="5" SegmentLength="2" Width="0.25" WidthGrow="1.2" InitialAlpha="0.00" InitialColor="250 250 255" Alpha="0.55" Color="250 250 255" FinalAlpha="0.00" FinalColor="250 250 255" BlendMode="QuadSprite" Texture="tr_condenstrail_basis3.dds" ZBias=".03"/>
    Last edited by hairyspin; June 10th, 2018 at 12:22.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks very much, Majormagee.

Just to clarify:

1. You recommend deleting the high_contrail entries, and
    2. You recommend replacing the N_track_contrail_s entry (incidentally it is duplicated in the version I uploaded!) with the one you provide, which refers to a different texture?

If so, I can upload the amended version shortly.

NBB if anybody actually reads this thread, I forgot to spell out something in the installation instructions for the combined effects.xml:

It is not a good idea to keep the original effects.xml in a renamed form in the root folder of you install. When replacing the effects.xml with the combined effects.xml, REMOVE the original and back it up in a place outside the CFS3 install you are using. Otherwise, CFS3.exe will likely just mush up the effects and choose at random, it will be harder to observe any differences.

Both are replacement entries that require the tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds, tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds and tr_condenstrail_basis3.dds files from AnKor's Shader upload to work.

I also see that the Lippisch P13 effects need to be added, so I'm going through a similar compare and merge exercise right now for Jets, PTO, DPC Korea, and Firepower to find all the other effects that could be incorporated into this master effects file. It's going to take me a while...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0