Tangier Island Scenery_FSX/P3D.zip

Thread: Tangier Island Scenery_FSX/P3D.zip

Tangier Island Scenery_FSX/P3D.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: This scenery is only a representation of the actual Island and it's architexture. The buildings (most of them) are there only to fill the area and give the feeling of an inhabited Island. Had I done custom buildings to exactly replicate the Island I would have never completed the scenery as I would have become bored out of my mind doing all those buildings.

There are no night operations as the Airport is closed from Sunset to Sunrise. As such, this scenery is for daytime flights only. There are no rwy lights and no night map for the ground texture. Also, given the normal coloration of the Island changes slightly from brown to green and back to brownish green throughout the year, this one scenery should suffice for everything except "hard winter", which I don't intend to do. Just a HU.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Tangier Island Scenery_FSX/P3D.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi Ed
    Just downloaded your new scenery for Tangiers Island - did a couple circuits in a Mooney - looked great - saw lots of birds and folks with cell phones and a little grass at the runway edges - very realistic - thanks very much for doing it.
    Warren

Hello Ed,

Great to see a new scenery from you after these silent months.

Thank you to give me the opportunity to discover so much beautifull areas of US.

Gérard

Hello Ed, I would like to complement you on an outstanding piece of work. I even noticed the swimmers in the water off the beach. I do have an observation for you, when I go to take off or land and the aircraft hits the grass showing through the runway I get a collision crash. This happens in fixed wing and rotary A/C. I can hover over the grass with no effect. Ideas? HD

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    Hello Ed, I would like to complement you on an outstanding piece of work. I even noticed the swimmers in the water off the beach. I do have an observation for you, when I go to take off or land and the aircraft hits the grass showing through the runway I get a collision crash. This happens in fixed wing and rotary A/C. I can hover over the grass with no effect. Ideas? HD
    HD, if you have crash detection on, that will do it. I can take a look at the grass to see if it's set for "no collision". All the objects are placed with Instant Scenery and sometimes that program will strip previous code that's been applied to some objects. I'll look into it. . .in the meantime I would just turn crash detection off if you fly into Tangier again.

Thanks for the HU.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi Ed
    Just downloaded your new scenery for Tangiers Island - did a couple circuits in a Mooney - looked great - saw lots of birds and folks with cell phones and a little grass at the runway edges - very realistic - thanks very much for doing it.
    Warren
    Warren, if you're seeing people with cell phones I suspect you have a duplicate object file at play. If you have Orbx loaded and also have the free airports that are occasionally updated by FTX Central, then you'll have to go into the free airports folder under Orbx in FSX or P3D (E:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery. . . .this is where mine is located). Then you'll have to delete those files that pertain to KTGI. There will be two (2) ADEX type files and then also an Object file as well.

I have to remember to do this periodically as well, otherwise I get get buildings inside buildings, people walking through buildings, etc. Kind of a pain, but no other way to cure the problem I'm afraid.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hi Ed
    I thought perhaps something wasn't quite right - still I can't find anything glaring but I do have Orbx airports. I'll remove the two KTGI files and try everything again.
    Thanks - for these old eyes it looked good anyway.
    Take care
    Warren

Members who have read this thread: 0