Thread: Aerosoft Douglas DC-8 released

Why??
    Another duplication...........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Why??
    one can say that about a spitfire or mustang or whatever

because they can and the guy behind this has been working on this alone for a very long time and its only the 50s series which is extremely well done and frame friendly

im sure i will get a PM from a admin again over protected species

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Why??
    As far as I can tell by the screenshots, in eye candy department it is head and shoulders above AH creation.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    one can say that about a spitfire or mustang or whatever
    because they can and the guy behind this has been working on this alone for a very long time and its only the 50s series which is extremely well done and frame friendly
    im sure i will get a PM from a admin again over protected species
    Hardly Matt!
    I'm sure it's good and the hours have been put in with heart, just as long as it's not a bloody 'Study Sim' it will be a purchase once the $$$$ are sensible, EU34.00 is just not on.
    I always get annoyed with a duplication (Spitfires and Mustangs and Messerschmitts ad infinitum) when significant aircraft are overlooked (Convair 340-440 series for example) for whatever reason.
    One of the missing links in the tube liner series remains the DC9 in all it's flavors, FSX versions are dated and not happy in P3D4, and that is a very important aircraft line.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

NOTAM

For the time being this baby needs P3Dv4.2 to work correctly. If you're on P3Dv4.0 still, like i was, you'll get a flickering white wall in the VC for one thing. It is said in the AS forum "there are that many click spots in the VC, it's only v4.2 that can handle them. It is also said that a patch might be due to handle this problem.

In any case, i got the flickering white wall, updated the P3Dv4 client from v4.0 to v4.2 which got rid of that flickering thing.

Btw, as far as duplication is concerned, it might well have been that the dev of the Aerosoft DC-8 started work on it much earlier than AH. No doubt put a tremendous amount of work and love into it and no doubt had reached 'V1' when AH put their DC-8 rendition into the air. If you've come that far you just don't trash all the hard work that, by now, has become 'your baby'. Nobody throws their baby onto the scrapheap.

cheers,
    jan

Some of the screenshots in the vc look immaculate! Not my sort of aircraft but you can see the craftmanship is excellent!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Really interested in this one as I don’t currently have any classic airliners in p3d. Hopefully the CIVA works well.

Members who have read this thread: 0