Douglas X-3 Stiletto FSX Native - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Douglas X-3 Stiletto FSX Native

Blog Entries
    ok, soo, general update from the peanut gallery here..
    After discussing sevcerlthings about the fde with the team, we've narrowed the initial thrust of it down to a more or less exact set of behaviors we need to see.. Some of it, we're beginning to see. Other things will take some time..
    You see, I'm trying to set this up exactly like the experiments back in 1954. Heres the issue..
    In flightsim ( any flight sim ) there are very specific and defined ways that each component of an fde interacts with each other and with the environment.
    In real life, the is a very specific way thteach component of an aircraft interacts with each other and the environment.
    The two arent the same.
    So what has to be done is to translate the real world, into flight sim values, allowing the aircraft to fly in the envioronment it was designed for, and do it within the sim.
    Currently, the Alpha 1.01 fde has been given to the team to beat up. They in turn have been providing me with tons of valuable insight and information, and i;m moving forward with the initial debugging phase, creating a seconf baseline to which i can add in all the personality and behaviors this plane had, at a later time. The speed is slightly too high, the engine too underpowered, P3D cant seem to thell the difference between 1000 feet and 30000 feet. The environment hasntbeen bjuilt according to the world the plane lived in is what that tells me.. Bear with me.. I'm working on it..
    Pam

SOH-CM-2023
    Pam, I noticed the other day when checking my W10 removed apps folder that Herve Sors has an 'Advanced Jet Performance Calculator' software - AJPC v2.41. Never used it so cannot confirm if it is good or not, but he claims it is better than other programs.
    Have you tried it?
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Pam, I noticed the other day when checking my W10 removed apps folder that Herve Sors has an 'Advanced Jet Performance Calculator' software - AJPC v2.41. Never used it so cannot confirm if it is good or not, but he claims it is better than other programs.
    Have you tried it?
    Keith
    Just downloaded it, thank you..

Perhaps we can use it to learn the why's and where-for's of one or two niggling problems.. Heres the thing though.
    It's one thing to use a calculator when you have to find a value, which is the way it is with most aircraft we fly. It's another thing, when every single value you coul;d possibly squeeze into that fde is given too you by the nations oldest and greatest authority on aerodynamics, and the results dont match the results of that very self same organization ( NACA ) that makes you scratch your head.. And we're seeing some of tht crop up at the moment.
    We enter the exact vluesthat the Naca give us. We double and triple check them to ensure there are no issues, and the sim itself says "NOPE" not gonna happen. I'm just gonna go off over here and do this other thing".. So, theres something in the base flight model we all start with ( the one provided by microsoft ) that is incorrect..We just have to do a bit of detective work.

Good old Microsnot.
    LOL
    Sue

Making some head-way on the VC albeit it slow and tedious. Just taking a sub-panel and console at a time. Lots to do yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x3vc.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Looking awesome..Very very awesome.. No hurry.. It's not like i'm speedy gonzales either ::LOL::
    I dont have pictures but the stuff i'm dealing with now is (for 1954 ) straight out of science fiction.. Gods what those engineers must have felt. This terrible exhileration. All the hopes of a company, balanced on the point of a needle.
    Yes, the lifting body element they unintentionally designed into the plane changes things but it'll take time to get the correct balance here..
    Tally Ho...

Blog Entries
    Does this remind you guys of anything??

Stay tuned because we're getting real..

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    awesome pic. Thanks Rick.Thats the one at the airforce museum with the incorrect mach meter..

Still slugging it out in the VC wrapping up the modeling for the side panels and consoles. Another 2 days to get the pedals and lower center and overhead parts modeled, then we can finalize mapping for the interior and animations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-may-14-006.jpg   ms-2018-may-14-007.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Douglas X-3 Texture Artist Needed

Howdy Folks :-)

Looking for a quality exterior texture artist who understands FSX materials, is comfortable with spec and bump maps, and is willing do a paint kit.

Rick has checked out the basics of the templates and we feel this is ready for some serious texture application.

Rick however is a bit overwhelmed with Spring sports activities (he is quite active in same) with the kids so he is willing to turn this over to someone who has the time and talents to bring this to fruition.

Please PM me if you have the time, interest, and skills to help move this to the finish line.
    No deadlines, but we are are moving forward.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-may-21-019.jpg   ms-2018-may-21-020.jpg   ms-2018-may-21-021.jpg   ms-2018-may-21-022.jpg   ms-2018-may-21-023.jpg   ms-2018-may-21-024.jpg  

ms-2018-may-21-025.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Position filled; thanks to Wellis and welcome to the team.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Does this remind you guys of anything??

Stay tuned because we're getting real..
    SURE! The Shuttle coming in with a T-38 chase plane! (Or it just reminds me that I haven't seen or heard a Starfighter in almost 20 years! Gotta get down to Florida!)

X-3 Westinghouse XJ-34-WE-17 w/AB Sounds Engineer Needed

We are making good progress in the VC, the flight model, and exterior textures. Much to do yet, however.

We are looking for someone to join the team as a sounds engineer for the X-3. If you are interested in creating a full set of authentic sounds, please notify me by PM. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-may-28-001.jpg   ms-2018-may-28-002.jpg   ms-2018-may-28-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm just itching to crash and burn....er....fly the thing....

[and chuck some paint on it]...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I'm just itching to crash and burn....er....fly the thing....

[and chuck some paint on it]...

Thank you Jafo for your interest. I think that you will really enjoy flying this one; it's different and it's exciting, and fast enough to get your attention.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    I'm getting that tingly feeling already...it's either hives coming on or excitement LOL!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I'm getting that tingly feeling already...it's either hives coming on or excitement LOL!
    Ted
    ::LOL:: Hives indeed ::LOL::

SOH-CM-2024
    I was several days late, but glad to hear the Paint Kit project has been taken. I would have been glad to have tried it, I have loads of reference from the scale model I built years ago of the X-3 tested by NASA. So I am most interested in the X-3 and having a go at Wellis' Paint Kit once all is finalized.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    I was several days late, but glad to hear the Paint Kit project has been taken. I would have been glad to have tried it, I have loads of reference from the scale model I built years ago of the X-3 tested by NASA. So I am most interested in the X-3 and having a go at Wellis' Paint Kit once all is finalized.

Cazzie
    Hi Caz, thanks for jumping in. Sorry you missed the opportunity but Wellis will do a beautiful job for us.

Your model was astoundingly realistic. Excellent work on your part; hope we do as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    We are making good progress in the VC, the flight model, and exterior textures. Much to do yet, however.

We are looking for someone to join the team as a sounds engineer for the X-3. If you are interested in creating a full set of authentic sounds, please notify me by PM. Thanks
    I really like RAZBAM's J-34 sound in the Banshee. Even if the X-3 came out with the default Lear sound I think I know what I'd really alias to! (Just like there are a few payware planes in my hangar with R-2800s pulling sound from the great sounding Marauder!) After the B-26 and XF-92 I'm quite interested to hear what the sound will be like for the Stiletto, but iffin I don't like it at least there is a nice fallback available for myself and others who own the Banshee. (And I do think anyone who enjoys vintage jets would have it.)

It's nearly the end of June. How 'bout an update??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    It's nearly the end of June. How 'bout an update??
    Thanks for your interest Sir.

Generally, progress on all fronts. We have been quiet as we do our due diligence.

The 2D and VC panels, gauges, and xml custom coding are pretty much done save some VC panel and floor shading.
    The elevator/ejection seat is just getting started.

The exterior paints are making headway with the fuselage base panel lines and rivets layed down.
    Wellis is now working on the wings and tails to get the basics in place.

Pam and Paul continue work on the flight model.

No interest was shown from anyone willing to develop sounds particular to the X-3 engines.

Here are a few screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-jun-22-005.jpg   ms-2018-jun-22-004.jpg   ms-2018-jun-28-003.jpg   ms-2018-jun-28-002.jpg   ms-2018-jun-28-001.jpg   ms-2018-jun-28-004.jpg  

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 3