Douglas X-3 Stiletto FSX Native
Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas X-3 Stiletto FSX Native

Douglas X-3 Stiletto FSX Native

Well, I have been pushing vertices around for 4 weeks now when time allows, and finally making some head-way.

Still much to do to get the fuselage and engines shaped before moving forward. It's a slow, labor-intense, tedious process.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x3-1.jpg   x3-2.jpg   x3-3.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton, that looks great!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

The Xplanes are coming!!! Now where's that vintage Edwards AFB!?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Looking great so far .. Time for me to get started oon ghat flight model..

Without the wings & tail......it has a certain "Kubrick-esque" look to it.

...No...?

Blog Entries
    From the time i was a baby watching Flash Gordon on TV, I've always expected to see a small Ming the Merciless walking along the spine of the plane; ray gun in hand; dragging Dale Arden along to keep Flash from interfering..

Pretty cool!

LOL Thanks. I decided to do the best I can with this one given the limited quality 3-views.

Doing this one especially for Warchild, with special thanks to Penzoil3.

My time has been severely limited lately with 1-2 hours a day available to work on this so it will take some quality time to really make progress.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Welllll, I'm not exactly a speed demon myself there Sir.. .. Thank you though. I am truly honored..
    Pam

I thought this was going to be another update of the existing X-3. I knew you were apprehensive about taking it on without cross sections Milton. Don't worry, I won't get out my yardstick and calipers, but it sure LOOKS like an X-3 to me so I'm happy! (I think anyone who would complain about freeware is off their nut anyway!) I know it'll look and fly great! (Well maybe fly as well as the X-3 could anyway.)I did find an XF-91, XF-103 and XFV-1 here http://uenoshing.hatenablog.com/arch...irplanes%20USA, but they all appear to be WIP and he seems reluctant to release them. I hope he does because they look great as well and X planes are fun too!

Blog Entries
    Sorry.. Malwarebytes blocked that site as a fraud sad pammy..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Sorry.. Malwarebytes blocked that site as a fraud sad pammy..
    I'm running AVG and it didn't flag it. I wonder if MWB flagged it because of all the ads that were in the margin? I wonder if anyone else running other anti-virus software has issues as well? (Would be an interesting test to see how various software sees it.) If you google XF-103 FSX or XF-91 FSX you'll probably still be able to see the screenies. (Oh yeah! I forgot he had an XF-10 Jaguar too!)

Blog Entries
    I like the xf-91. Good lookin aircraft.. Not sure on MWB.. They say the site tries to get account and credit information from you.. Not sure what that entails.. I decided not to risk it, especially since one of the hallmarks of a fraud site is never releasing software.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this news. :::happy dance:::

I don’t read or speak Japanese but I do see date stamps on most of the sections, the newest is two years old. Grumble, grumble

Glenn

http://uenoshing.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/09/21/213015

He responded to my comment about a year or so ago above. He wants to release them freely. but is working out the bugs...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    LOL Thanks. I decided to do the best I can with this one given the limited quality 3-views.

Doing this one especially for Warchild, with special thanks to Penzoil3.

My time has been severely limited lately with 1-2 hours a day available to work on this so it will take some quality time to really make progress.
    Looking good Milton, guess that explains why the Ventura/Loadstar project has been so quiet recently
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Looking good Milton, guess that explains why the Ventura/Loadstar project has been so quiet recently
    Not at all. I have been busy with RW stuff (re-landscaping back yard), and a host of other things, not to mention a 1 year old kitten that will not stay off my desk when I am sitting at the computer.

But, also, am evaluating changing out some gauges for the real world counterparts. Scott has redone the Harpoon gauges for FS9 and will be looking at the Lodestar and Ventura for the same.

The betas are in good shape; enjoy them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Not at all. I have been busy with RW stuff (re-landscaping back yard), and a host of other things, not to mention a 1 year old kitten that will not stay off my desk when I am sitting at the computer.

But, also, am evaluating changing out some gauges for the real world counterparts. Scott has redone the Harpoon gauges for FS9 and will be looking at the Lodestar and Ventura for the same.

The betas are in good shape; enjoy them.
    Milton, I can loan you a couple of Beagles (will work for food) who will ensure your workspace will remain clear!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    http://uenoshing.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/09/21/213015

He responded to my comment about a year or so ago above. He wants to release them freely. but is working out the bugs...
    I didn't know that was you! I hope he gets the air files figured out as they do look nice.

Made some headway last evening with the tail feathers in place and the basic wings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-apr-14-003.jpg   ms-2018-apr-14-005.jpg   ms-2018-apr-14-006.jpg   ms-2018-apr-14-007.jpg   ms-2018-apr-14-008.jpg   ms-2018-apr-14-009.jpg  

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Be interesting to also have a what if version with more powerful engines!

T

BTW, if you're interested in seeing how militarized versions of the X-3 might have looked, you can see one of the ideas in this book, http://a.co/jeMEgpy

You can see it on the cover. It was sort of a U.S. Mistel/two stage attack plane to be launched off of the USS United States (not built in lieu of the B-36).

This one reminds me a bit of a cross between a Jaguar and a F-104 Starfighter.... and a very angry Mosquito!
    Cool Model! (No this is not the first time I have seen photographs of the X-3 Stiletto.)

I hope performance and handling will be better than the real thing!

- Ivan.

Members who have read this thread: 3