Mission Builder Screen

Thread: Mission Builder Screen

Mission Builder Screen

This is a minor irritation for me, particularly as I have been unable to explain how it happens.
    Each of my installs has a shortcut to activate its own Mission Builder. When I click a shortcut the opening screen for the MB comes up. I have made a new set of MB start screens, each of which is theatre specific. For my WW2 theatre screens the image I am getting is the JPG I intalled. When I fire up my WW1 Mission Builder the opening screen says "MISSION BUILDER PACIFIC THEATRE", and the image shows a Hellcat taking off from a carrier. This JPG was used in my Pacific install months ago, but it has been replaced and put into a folder external to Microsoft Games. It does not exist in any of my installs, so it can't be calling up another install.
    I have checked the size of the JPG in my WW1/UIRES/MB folder and have checked that it is named as per the original. I have double checked the possibility that the Hellcat image is embedded in my WW1 MB folder. It isn't, but in any case it would conflict with the image I placed in the UIRES/MB folder. When the MB starts the airbases available are WW1 specific, and looking around the Pacific, the Mediterranean, Korea and the Eastern Front there are no airfields available in this MB, so the shortcut is calling up the correct install.
    As I said, it is a minor problem, but it is driving me trying to figure out how it happens. While I have used the Hellcat image in the past I can't work out why it is coming up.
    Any ideas?

No idea. Check the UIRES folder it self for a mb_splashscreen.jpg?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

have you cleaned up your comp. if you haven't then make sure your open docs history is cleaned out. I think jpgs that are opened can be stored. on win XP click the start button. Right click at the top of the start menu and open the properties. select advanced. clear list is at the bottom. this may or may not help. but worth a shot.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Think that I have discovered something about cfs2 I hadn't expected. More out of desperation than anything else I started to look in the UIRES folder for each of my installs. Somehow a copy of the Hellcat image was in my WW1 /UIRES folder.It appears to overide the mb_splashscreen jpg in the MB subfolder. When I removed it the jpg in the MB folder was activated in the mission builder.

Yikes....just saw your post Allen. Thanks for the input.

Just glad you found the prob.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0