Do you guys want another P-40Q cockpit panel?

Thread: Do you guys want another P-40Q cockpit panel?

Icon5 Do you guys want another P-40Q cockpit panel?

Here is my rendition of the P-40Q cockpit panel. If you guys like it, I will upload it.

The first image is the virtual cockpit with new fictitious gauges arrangement.

The 2nd image is 2D cockpit with a new P-51D gunsight.

I am debating whether to remove the 2 front cockpit frames. I think it is needed to hold the front cockpit windshield, it is not modeled in the aircraft mdl file.

Do you guys want me to remove the front 2 frames next to the glass protector?

Acwai,
    That is one magnificent panel. I would not change a thing. Both, the VC and 2D panels look fine the way they are. Thank you for taking up the "challenge" and coming up with such a fantastic piece of work. It makes the "Q" complete. I've attached a photo, the only one I can find, of the "Q" panel. It may help you with gauge placement. Thank you, again for such a marvelous panel. I look forward to using it in "my" P-40Q.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p40q-11.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Thanks Bob for the authentic P40Q photo. I have decided to release the cockpit as is and let people modify it to their own liking.

I am trying to finish some minor modifications to it.

You will need to install the supplied P40Q_Gear.gau and the Gunsight64.bmp to get what is shown in the photo.

I have added some new gauges, here is the current photo.

Thanks acwai. With your panel and Bob's paint the Q will be a must have!

Looking very nice, Sir. Thanks again for taking the time to make this panel.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Thanks for the nice comments! The panel has been released.

P-40Q cockpit panel.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Panels Add-Ons

Description: You need to install the attached P40Q_Gear.gau to the CFS2\Gauges folder.

If you want to use the gunsight as shown in the photo, you need to install the attached gunsight64.bmp to the CFS2\texture folder. If you need any missing gauges, please send me an email.

Thanks for downloading this panel, have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P-40Q cockpit panel.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Andrew,

Thank you for all of your work on this, well done!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Andrew,
    Looks even better "in person". However, I am missing some gauges. I'll be dropping you a line.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Members who have read this thread: 0