Naval Air Station sceneries with FCLP and arresting cables? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naval Air Station sceneries with FCLP and arresting cables?

delta_lima, that is correct with the MAIW Matrix updates. They are slowly adding in the bases as well now that the bulk of aircraft conversions are complete. I had about 5 different sets of NAS scenery for most of the major bases in FS9/X, especially ones I knew from being stationed there like NAS Jax or Pensacola. Uchi's Lemoore converted into P3D and I was trying to use the AIG FSX2P3D tool with mixed results, so I'll probably just wait on the scenery pros.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    delta_lima, that is correct with the MAIW Matrix updates. They are slowly adding in the bases as well now that the bulk of aircraft conversions are complete. I had about 5 different sets of NAS scenery for most of the major bases in FS9/X, especially ones I knew from being stationed there like NAS Jax or Pensacola. Uchi's Lemoore converted into P3D and I was trying to use the AIG FSX2P3D tool with mixed results, so I'll probably just wait on the scenery pros.

Any word if Cecil might be added? NC

Blog Entries
    Thanks Vic. I know I can count on guys like yourself and NC who were at these places.

So, I installed MAIW Matrix/North America. My head exploded.

Beaufort, Yuma, Miramar, Patuxent. And more. With buildings. And AI. And flight plans. FPS barely affected.

And like you said, more coming.

My only “issue” - and it’s purely subjective - is era. They only include planes currently in service. I just am not into fifth generation F-22s and F-35s. And V-22s. But hey, that’s me, not a legitimate complaint.

Given the building types, I’ve got the requisite “Lego blocks” for periods roughly as far back as the mid 1970s, especially if I ditch things like the sun shades. With great Harrier, F-14, F-18, etc models, I can backdate to the 1990s, even the 1980s. Obviously, future upgrades will destroy any edits I make, so I have to figure a way to save any deviations I make, and reapply them after the next push of updates.

But MAIW team, you guys are rock stars. For folks happy to fly in the present era, it’s a crazy easy system to use. For those of us obnoxious iconoclasts who like an earlier era, lots of options to tweak with a bit of AIFP tinkering.

Thanks so very, very much.

DL

I am not a fan of the modern era aircraft either. Just locate the MAIW directory. You'll see the various aircraft.bgl listed. I delete them, and just like that - they are no more! I would be interested in your substitution of 70s era aircraft into those sceneries. I had, at one time, posted on the MAIW site, asking if they would ever add A-7 Corsairs to their sceneries. The reply was "No" NC

Any word if Cecil might be added? NC
    NC, look right here in the library for a P3DV4 Cecil field. I had funny issues with AI A-7's but replaced them with some A-4's, A-3's and phantoms. Love KVQQ

DL, I too am watching MAIW slowly add native FSX/64 bit compatible AI and scenery. Also like you - we think alike - I have retro'ed the modern AI for 60s/70's era aircraft and a few naval air stations. I use AIFP to convert and compile P3D4 traffic bgl's but the flight planning tool I rely on is the ancient Lee Swordy TTools. It is a slow manual process but you get just exactly the AI you want - I minimise some parked and a few TNG flights at each air station just to breath some life into the environment without clogging up the cpu and frame rates. I have done just a selected few NAS's - Cecil, Key West. Roosevelt Roads, Kanehoe Bay, Whidbey - mostly places from where you can fly out to the boat and trap quickly. Lots of fun.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    NC, look right here in the library for a P3DV4 Cecil field. I had funny issues with AI A-7's but replaced them with some A-4's, A-3's and phantoms. Love KVQQ

DL, I too am watching MAIW slowly add native FSX/64 bit compatible AI and scenery. Also like you - we think alike - I have retro'ed the modern AI for 60s/70's era aircraft and a few naval air stations. I use AIFP to convert and compile P3D4 traffic bgl's but the flight planning tool I rely on is the ancient Lee Swordy TTools. It is a slow manual process but you get just exactly the AI you want - I minimise some parked and a few TNG flights at each air station just to breath some life into the environment without clogging up the cpu and frame rates. I have done just a selected few NAS's - Cecil, Key West. Roosevelt Roads, Kanehoe Bay, Whidbey - mostly places from where you can fly out to the boat and trap quickly. Lots of fun.

Yes, I have that KVQQ. And have had problems with the A-7 ai too. I've hoped that Cecil Field would get completely redone for P3D, but after so many years, I doubt it will happen. NC

I'm with you gents on the retro front, at least for one aircraft (Tomcat, which is WIP). Maybe down the line the requests will come in for some of the other models to be P3D converted like the NMAI F-4, Scooter and JAI A-7s. I know many on the MAIW team are European based, so I would expect a few classic NBAI models get the treatment. Cecil would be a one off project, but I would love to fill in some F-18s and S-3s (during my time) to ease the load on NAS Oceana.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 4