7 Seasons Scenery Sheet in Pats BoB

Thread: 7 Seasons Scenery Sheet in Pats BoB

SOH-CM-2020

7 Seasons Scenery Sheet in Pats BoB

Just for fun, I installed von Oben's SpringSumAut scenerysheet01.dds into Pat's Bob Assets folder removing any duplicate. The organisation of the textures on the scenery sheet seems compatible with the one in the Bob install. The difference is that von Oben's is over 10Mb!

I had problems with shimmering trees. Then I noticed that the new larger texture sheet was in DXT3 format. The original texture sheet was DXT5. So I converted von Oben's scenerysheet to DXT5, and voila! No shimmering trees. Lovely crisp textures - the stone walls look great.

Makes me wonder about the idea of installing the whole 7 Seasons scenery package into Pat's Bob. Has anybody done that?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Just for fun, I installed von Oben's SpringSumAut scenerysheet01.dds into Pat's Bob Assets folder removing any duplicate. The organisation of the textures on the scenery sheet seems compatible with the one in the Bob install. The difference is that von Oben's is over 10Mb!

I had problems with shimmering trees. Then I noticed that the new larger texture sheet was in DXT3 format. The original texture sheet was DXT5. So I converted von Oben's scenerysheet to DXT5, and voila! No shimmering trees. Lovely crisp textures - the stone walls look great.
    How does one make the conversion ?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    How does one make the conversion ?
    hi gosd,

I use paint.net. First I saved the .dds as a .bmp, then resaved the bmp as a DXT5 .dds file with mipmaps. Paint.net gives all the options for mipmaps, compression levels and so on.

Members who have read this thread: 0