FSX/P3D - F4D Phantom.zip
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSX/P3D - F4D Phantom.zip

FSX/P3D - F4D Phantom.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Jets

Description: The Alpha Simulation D model Phantom rebuilt for FSX and P3D.

Items reworked for FSX/P3D:

1. True FSX native modeling, converted to FSX using ARNO’s MDLX program.

2. All new paints.

3. Working Combat Radar.

4. Allpaints are in DDS format.

5. Multiple liveries.

6. New air configuration file.

7. New HD VC textures.

8. FSX airfile installed.

9. Camera views added.

10. Default and custom GPS.

11. FSX coded gauges and sub panels.

A collaboration created by the following flight simulation artist Antonio Diaz, Cirrus N210MS, Tim Conrad and David Robles.

Sounds tied to Dino Cattaneo’s F-14 Tomcat.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D - F4D Phantom.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Alpha Simulation D model Phantom

Sir, Thank you! This Phantom is a better flyer and looking plane then the Milviz ! Thanks again. Lee

Many thanks for this.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    Sir, Thank you! This Phantom is a better flyer and looking plane then the Milviz ! Thanks again. Lee
    That's a pretty bold statement considering the amount of work that went into the Milviz F4.

Yes IYHO it maybe the case, but also remember that Milviz produces some amazing AC including the F4 which in my own opinion is the current benchmark F4 until DCS produces one. Cloud9 is still a nice model to.

The work on the Alphasim model is exceptional and gives simmers a freeware option if they are short on cash, but to state its a better flyer/better looking is a matter of taste.

Milviz is a groundbreaking payware model and to compare it to an updated 2005 model by saying its a better flyer/ better looking is pretty much ignorant. Your intentional comment is rude. Let's show all developers the respect they deserve when it comes to they're own models.

I applaud David Robles and the other team members for updating the Alphasim model and I to am flying it, but lets also try to appreciate other developers like Milviz for continuing to provide our community with amazing new AC.

Creeps.

SOH-CM-2023
    Great job, Dave. Kudos to you and anyone else involved in this project.

Hi
    I would very much like to have an F-4 in my P3D V4 but so far I can't get it to work. None of the variants show up in the P3D aircraft list and if the I try to start the sim anyway I get a CTD. I'll keep trying but so far no luck. I do appreciate all the work that must have gone into this machine.
    Thanks
    Warren

Best freeware Phantom for FSX! Thanks for this one Guys! Maybe a E model?

I am using it with success in P3Dv4.2. True, it does not display in the selection menu, but at least for me when I select one livery or another it shows up and flies beautifully and displays well in the sim. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue why it would work for some and not others. Perhaps someone with more technical knowledge could provide some suggestions.

I also want to say a big thanks for this model. I have lamented not having a good F4 to fly in P3Dv4 and this more than fills the bill for my needs.

Hi all
    I can't get any of the variants to show up in the aircraft menu no matter how many times I move through the selections and in my case the CTD was almost immediate - no playing around while P3D thought about it - just crash - makes me a little hesitant to try it again but I really would like to have a Phantom in the sim.
    Thanks
    Warren

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Creepy847 View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement considering the amount of work that went into the Milviz F4.

Yes IYHO it maybe the case, but also remember that Milviz produces some amazing AC including the F4 which in my own opinion is the current benchmark F4 until DCS produces one. Cloud9 is still a nice model to.

The work on the Alphasim model is exceptional and gives simmers a freeware option if they are short on cash, but to state its a better flyer/better looking is a matter of taste.

Milviz is a groundbreaking payware model and to compare it to an updated 2005 model by saying its a better flyer/ better looking is pretty much ignorant. Your intentional comment is rude. Let's show all developers the respect they deserve when it comes to they're own models.

I applaud David Robles and the other team members for updating the Alphasim model and I to am flying it, but lets also try to appreciate other developers like Milviz for continuing to provide our community with amazing new AC.

Creeps.
    Well Creeps, Well Creeps, I'm 72 year old and have never been told I'm rude and ignorate by anyone ' I 'm a defender of this great country, a X police officer and a X city Mayor, and a X flyer in real life now retired just a old man trying to enjoy whats left of my life now I'm being called these names by someone called Creeps because I tried to make a member feel good for his work that he gives free to us.I spend a lot of time on this site, and a lot of money on planes including a lot of money on Milviz planes, I'm not ignorant and have never been rude I may have to leave the site even though I love this site after being called those names by some one named Creeps .I have been hit and hurt. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Creepy847 View Post

Creeps.
    So everyone is supposed to respect Milviz, but its ok for you to run you mouth and call another member names!?! Who the hell are you to talk!!

Chill people.
    We have enough 'Milviz' conflict in other forums.
    Enjoy Dave's work and ignore the troll.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Many thanks for this!
    Ciao
    Ros

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi all
    I can't get any of the variants to show up in the aircraft menu no matter how many times I move through the selections and in my case the CTD was almost immediate - no playing around while P3D thought about it - just crash - makes me a little hesitant to try it again but I really would like to have a Phantom in the sim.
    Thanks
    Warren

Same here....

Regards

I am sure its great, but its not P3D v4 compatible.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Many thanks for this. I've been hoping someone would take this on.

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with it in FSX/SE.

In external view I'm missing some parts in the cockpit.

Anyone else see this? An FSX -vs- P3D issue maybe?

PF

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    In external view I'm missing some parts in the cockpit.
    Try the Tacpack Update linked above; even if you don't have tacpack that should fix it.
    Let me know.

Thanks very much for this plane, David!
    Especially the "dirty" textures. They bring back a LOT of memories. Some really great, some, well, maybe not so great. I still appreciate the effort it took to bring us this wonderful plane.

Thank you again!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado5834 View Post
    Try the Tacpack Update linked above; even if you don't have tacpack that should fix it.
    Let me know.
    Thanks for the reply.

The model update fixed my display issue. Thanks again.

Another question: Since I don't have TP is it possible to manually edit the cfg to show any weps on the pylons? AIM-9s would be awesome.

Again thanks. I really like this old bird.

PF

Got it this morning, David (if you are still here ) Flies fine, looks great!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    Another question: Since I don't have TP is it possible to manually edit the cfg to show any weps on the pylons? AIM-9s would be awesome.
    Requires a few mods; I'll have a look at what can be done.

David, Piglet, and others.... Thank you for a job well done. I am really enjoying this aircraft. In the readme there was mention of the drogue chute activation, but I now assume that was for the 2004 version. Tried the Concorde visor controls and nada. Also I noticed the Chute handle was not activated. Otherwise, a stellar effort and a thousand kudos... Terry

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    David, Piglet, and others.... Thank you for a job well done. I am really enjoying this aircraft. In the readme there was mention of the drogue chute activation, but I now assume that was for the 2004 version. Tried the Concorde visor controls and nada. Also I noticed the Chute handle was not activated. Otherwise, a stellar effort and a thousand kudos... Terry
    Yes, kinda too bad the drag chute doesn't work. I miss seeing it taxi up to the flight-line with the chute draped over the left wing.

Miss watching the Plane Captains put the chute back into it's container with a broom handle, too. They would really shove on it

Still and all, great plane. Flies wonderfully.
    Fine example of the "Put enough power behind a brick and it'll fly!" principle.
    I still love the Phunky Phantom, though. Thanks very much to all involved!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 6