Metal parts in M. Jahn's C-47

Thread: Metal parts in M. Jahn's C-47

Threaded View

Metal parts in M. Jahn's C-47

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

the solution for my problem is probably easy, but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Here it is, a few months back I repainted Manfred's C-47 for FS2004 with the original paint kits and repainted it as a Spanish Air Force aircraft, pictures below

As you can see, the metallic parts look metallic, so no problem and all is good.

However, I tried to add the texture to the C-47 V3 version for FSX, the result:

In this case the metallic areas look distinctly grey except for some areas.

In 2004, I would change the alpha layer and that would be it, however that does not appear to work in FSX (or at least not in the same way).

So, the question is: have any of you an idea about how the metallic areas can be made to look more "metalliquy" I also want to repaint some Iberia C-47s but the problem is the same, below the cheat line is metal. I have tried the painkits available here but there must be something escaping me. for information I can tell you that the model used is the C-47 V3 1.4 with all the fixes and the exterior model the C47_2 (no Rebecca and light on top of the fin).

thank you in advance for your replies!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-4-2_10-37-9-976.jpg   2018-4-2_10-57-9-321.jpg   2018-4-2_11-0-8-90.jpg   C-47-2.jpg   C-47-4.jpg   C-47-3.jpg  

Born to Fly

Members who have read this thread: 0