Is anyone else having this problem with the Bf109 updates?

Thread: Is anyone else having this problem with the Bf109 updates?

Icon9 Is anyone else having this problem with the Bf109 updates?

I am using the Luftwaffe unit naming convention in the aircraft.cfg file which is the Staffel number, a period and then a forward slash followed by the Jagdgruppe number. Like so = 7./JG26.

I have discovered that while this works just fine in Free Flight, it seems to frequently but not always cause a failure to load with the Mission Builder and/or missions.

If I remove the slash in the name, the problem goes away.

No one has reported a problem, so is it just me?

I have changed the naming in the BF109F models I am getting ready to upload, but if this happens with everyone else, I also need to get updated CFG files uploaded for the G and K models already released.

Please let me know.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hi Captain,
    This is a problem for me, but only since I put fresh installs in my new windows 10 PC. I tried deleting the period before the /, and this seemed to work, but the failure to load kept cropping up. I seem to have overcome this by replacing the / with _. This looks strange. I wonder whether the / can be the real culprit if it sometimes works. I was going to type the staffel and JG "longhand" (7 staffel_JG26) but got sidetracked with scenery issues.

I've had this problem many years ago IIRC, but with non-standard letters, French accents, German umlauts, etc. I just removed them. I also rmember a similar problem with FS9.

Me too

Sorry CK. Guess I should have raised the point but once I figured it out I just forgot about it.

Ah bummer, I was afraid of that. I will have to issue new aircraft.cfg files for all of the previous G and K releases then. I'll finish up the F releases first and then go back and fix them.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

CK.............

....this maybe besides the point on this but the problem with the / inclusion could be from the file name limitations by MS. Remember that no (* , . \ >>etc) may be included in the file name. Your problem could just be a extension of that limitation. Just my little tidbit of useless dribble.

Members who have read this thread: 0