X-Plane 11

Thread: X-Plane 11

X-Plane 11

Just bought, downloaded (the full 60gb), updated and flown. What have I been missing? Ground scenery looks great, even the default C-172 looks good, especially outside.

I was prompted to go X-Plane after viewing an ORBX alpha of Barton aerodrome (about 10 miles NE of where I live). It's so smooth, I'm hooked.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear another convert has passed over the line to X-Plane Roger! I confess, after fighting switching to X-Plane as my goto sim I was stunned at how nice it really was and just incredibly real the flight dynamics were, and how nice the scenery was. Look into freeware HD Scenery and Ortho 4XP.
    YEEEEHAWWWWWW
    Ted
    Last edited by txnetcop; April 2nd, 2018 at 06:30.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Just made the leap into XP11. Goodness, things have changed since the last time I had XP. The user interface is MUCH friendlier than it was. Learning what buttons/keys to press is presenting some issues, but once I get things set up to my preferences, I think I'm going to like this. Out of the box it is (dare I say) much nicer looking than P3Dv4. The default scenery is so much more detailed than P3D, and much more realistic, at least in the Phoenix area where I'm doing most of my flying. Not sure what's going on with the VERY dark and smoky contrails way up in the sky...have to look into that soon.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Blog Entries
    XP11 has become a whole new simulator. Easy to setup and easy to use with great smooth graphics! I hated X-Plane for years...but my admiration started with X-Plane 10.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

By and large, XPlane is the class act in sims. My only problem(s) are version 10 planes, supposedly brought up to 11 standards but aren't. I've bought several that have ground/directional control problems. When queried, the developers heap blame on LR but I think a lack of diligence in conversion may be part of the problem. Anyway, the good ones are very good and, with Orbx entering from stage left, scenery options are shaping up.

Members who have read this thread: 0