Beechcraft D18S Floats

Thread: Beechcraft D18S Floats

Members +

Beechcraft D18S Floats

Hi,
    I'm looking for Milton's Beech D18SFL, Thats the Float version of the D18.
    I have found the D18S, the Ski & the Amphib version, but am struggling to find the Floats.
    Any ideas? and any updates?

Many Thanks, Robin

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi,
    I have found the D18S, the Ski & the Amphib version, but am struggling to find the Floats.

Many Thanks, Robin
    IIRC only place that one was , the late Garry J Smith's site (now overrun by hackers and spammers)
    Ed Moore might have it at the Ford Trimotor site; and there's this at Flightsim.com

Name: fsx_d18s_3nm_fl.zip
    Size: 38,545,758 Date: 03-03-2010 Downloads: 2,691

FSX Beechcraft D18S 3NM Floatplane. These package is an FSX adaptation of the FS2004 D18S float cargo plane by Milton Shupe, presenting former RCAF Mk. 3NMT (CT-128) Expeditors, operated by two Canadian air companies - Kenora Air Service Ltd. (Kenora, Ontario) and Rusty Myers Flying Service Ltd. (Fort Frances, Ontario). The package includes two optional VC panels (VFR and IFR), authentic generally to those of former RCAF Twin Beeches, being operated now as float planes. FSX adoptation: VC panels, gauges, texture, aircraft and air files by Vladimir Gonchar.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=144232

The FS9 model with panel and gauges for FSX ; that could be reverse engineered.

ttfn

Pete

Members +
    Thanks muchly. I'll give that FSX version a try.
    I actually have the FS9 zip, off the Tri-Motor site in years gone by, but the zip is corrupt, & I do have an unzipped version, without the gauges, so just maybe all will work.
    Quite correct, no luck at all on the Ford site. That link to Milton's stuff is dead. Pity.

Thankfully, I was a beta tester for the late Garry, & have all the Ford stuff.

Cheers,
    Robin.

During the FSX native conversions of the D18S, I elected to not convert the float or ski versions, only the wheeled and amphibian, due to time constraints.

Would likely require another 15-25 hours to convert, test and release the float version.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

The original FS2004 package is available at Simviation. Just search on "Milton Shupe" in the FS2004 props section.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    Thanks all.
    Milton, it's the FS9 floats I'm looking for.
    I have the wheels, amphibian and ski version.
    Somehow, my D18FL zip got corrupted, but I have the unzipped D18FL from another FS9 install I have,but without the FL's gauges and effects from the original zip.
    Are they all standard amongst the versions?
    By the way, Milton, as the late Garry Smith has a depositary of your planes, I've included all within my separate Ford Tri-Motor Project install. Thanks for what you have given to our hobby.

Cheers, Robin.

Thanks all.
    Somehow, my D18FL zip got corrupted, but I have the unzipped D18FL from another FS9 install I have,but without the FL's gauges and effects from the original zip.
    By the way, Milton, as the late Garry Smith has a depositary of your planes, I've included all within my separate Ford Tri-Motor Project install. Thanks for what you have given to our hobby.

Cheers, Robin.
    Ah, great!

Yes, all standard amongst the versions.

Thank you

BTW, do you have all of Garry's Fleet 50 liveries?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks all.

Cheers, Robin.
    That's exactly what I tried to say Robin. The D18 Float package can still be found at simviation.

Cheers,
    Huub

My apologies guys. My initial response came from jumping in here from the general forum topic page and I did not notice this as an FS9 post.

Indeed, you are correct Huub. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Ah, great!

Yes, all standard amongst the versions.

Thank you

BTW, do you have all of Garry's Fleet 50 liveries?
    I don't think so. Thanks for reminding me about the Fleet. I'll add it to my library.

I would love to complete the Fleet collection.

Cheers,
    Robin

Members +
    Very much appreciated for all the help.
    It is amazing that a 14 year old sim still has support from such talented people, often overlooked. That is indeed why I support freeware. Without your support, the sim would be pretty much lifeless.

Back to the D18, apart from the AT11 and Grizzly, were there any other variations that I've missed? I have added Brian's Volpar into the mix as well.

Thanks again,
    Robin

Hi,

Many Thanks, Robin

One thing to notice is that you mentioned that you have found the amphib and not the floats..well the floats are really another word for amphib..so with the amphib one you must already have it unless you are mentioning another model or specific type not too common in these there parts..fs20k4 included.. Milton only made a ski/floats/wheeled version.

hope this helps

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenvox View Post
    One thing to notice is that you mentioned that you have found the amphib and not the floats..well the floats are really another word for amphib..so with the amphib one you must already have it unless you are mentioning another model or specific type not too common in these there parts..fs20k4 included.. Milton only made a ski/floats/wheeled version.
    hope this helps
    Not forgetting an amphibian version.
    Big difference between an Amphib & a Float version, amphibians have wheels as well as floats. In appreciation to the 'Team' I've added all into this additional FS2004 version of mine.
    (As well as the Fleet planes)

Not forgetting an amphibian version.
    Big difference between an Amphib & a Float version, amphibians have wheels as well as floats. In appreciation to the 'Team' I've added all into this additional FS2004 version of mine.
    (As well as the Fleet planes)
    If you're gonna add skins to the amphibian, remember to make sure you have both the floats and the wheels textures in the texture folders.

Members who have read this thread: 0