it's time once again to bring up the N3N...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it's time once again to bring up the N3N...

it's time once again to bring up the N3N...

maybe some day...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

no thanks - MAAM sim had been working on THIS one - then let it go to another modeler / developer to finish up - more than a year ago.

Periodically I just check in to see what's what..

enter..the Sandman

well my memory is knackered - it was apparently 2015 the last time I checked on it...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...p/t-92914.html
    enter..the Sandman

Ah yes, now I understand why,
    This version looks really terrific.
    I think it's worth the wait.

sorry to keep bringing it up all the time, Bjoern - lol
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Ah yes, now I understand why,
    This version looks really terrific.
    I think it's worth the wait.
    yeah - this one is too special to be forgotten - and seemingly way too far along to be sidelined this long. Realizing that there are no guarantee's of course
    enter..the Sandman

I understood that Jan Visser still has this in hand and may recommence his work on it.

It was his first try at FSX when he was with MAAM.Correct me if I am wrong Jan.

Cheers Chris

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    no thanks - MAAM sim had been working on THIS one - then let it go to another modeler / developer to finish up - more than a year ago.

Periodically I just check in to see what's what..

Is there a reason why the aircraft number “46” is reversed on the fuselage right side behind the exhaust stub?

sorry to keep bringing it up all the time, Bjoern - lol
    It's not that a model like this would go unnoticed by the community should it ever get worked on again.

sure - everybody has their own preferences in aviation and FSX P3D...no one can argue that.
    enter..the Sandman

Blog Entries
    sure - everybody has their own preferences in aviation and FSX P3D...no one can argue that.

Oh i dont know about that......I've been told if i could not find someone to argue with i would go argue with a picket fence.....LOL.....
    Back to subject.....I really wish they would release this plane, or give us some kind of idea whats going on with it.....
    Its becoming as elusive as the Vertigo Studios B25.......
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Doesn't justify "Is it done/being worked on yet?" posts though.

of course not Bjoern..we're all here to talk about chips n beer - I'm just a stray..astray...

I wasn't really asking this of you though, you just inserted yourself with your usual cabbage - as it were.

It was just a general musing on my part, so...it's cooool
    enter..the Sandman

Certainly still cool, Heywoood, that yellow tweety bird i mean. Alas, a few years ago i tawt i taw a puddy cat..

Circumstances are so much different now compared to when we decided Maam-Sim had run its course a few years ago. If i was to pick up further development of the N3N model i'd be all on my own. To begin with, no more Hansi to do the programming, no more Rob (Young) to do the flightdynamics. Just a nice looking model doesn't cut the cake, does it. Besides i doubt if i have the stamina to finish it up although i do very much love biplanes with big radials up front..

That's why i gave my consent to a team of devs to finish up the N3N model instead already a few years ago but never heard from them again...

So i'm not sure myself what will happen with it. Atm i don't feel too well ( trying to get used to a titanium plate in my arm that holds my shattered humerus bone together by 22 screws). Who knows maybe later this year, if i can scare that puddy cat away, i'll have another go at it. (still have to do some work on the C-47 too you know, and Milton's F7F and XF-92A)

Catch ya later,
    Jan

Jan-

Best wishes for a SPEEDY recovery. Everything else can wait- health comes first.

C

Thanks for the reply,Jan - I can understand some of the pain and frustration of the structural repair also (major reconstructive on my right shoulder about ten years ago - it took all of 2-1/2 years to regain full motion without pain..almost)

I remember that you had released the N3N to another party and was only hoping to hear that there was some news - it goes without saying that there are no guarantees - but I am sorry to hear that even you have heard nothing on the project.

Take care of that arm and know that I am hoping for the best result for you in the shortest amount of time...but time is what it takes mostly.
    Cheers
    enter..the Sandman

Originally Posted by heywooood
    Thanks for the reply,Jan - I can understand some of the pain and frustration of the structural repair also (major reconstructive on my right shoulder about ten years ago - it took all o
    f 2-1/2 years to regain full motion without pain..almost)

Sorry to hear that, my friend. We're sort of 'brothers in arms' then, éh..

My therapist/torturer says i'd be best looking for about a year of therapy/practise in order to regain statisfactory, more or less painless, motion of my upper arm. Most probabely no more then 80 maybe 90 percent though.

I remember that you had released the N3N to another party and was only hoping to hear that there was some news - it goes without saying that there are no guarantees - but I am sorry to hear that even you have heard nothing on the project.
    I tried to contact Snake11 (he asked for the source files) after a year or so but that didn't work out. Looks they may have run into the same cul-de-sac, no gauge- and/or flightdynamics programmer..

Take care of that arm and know that I am hoping for the best result for you in the shortest amount of time...but time is what it takes mostly.

Thanks, Heywooood, appreciate it !

Cheers,
    Jan

Blog Entries
    Hey Jan, I feel for ya man. I shattered my right shoulder and arm a few years ago in a motorcycle accident. All I can tell ya is the good news is that you will become a good weather prognosticator because you always feel it just before the storm! Hey, maybe a new lucrative profession will come out of it. Speedy healing Amigo!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

My shoulder never lies about the rain either..lol - much more accurate than any cheap suit tv weatherman
    enter..the Sandman

Blog Entries
    I have PMed Jan to see where things have left off, so maybe there might be some hope.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Hey Jan, I feel for ya man. I shattered my right shoulder and arm a few years ago in a motorcycle accident. All I can tell ya is the good news is that you will become a good weather prognosticator because you always feel it just before the storm! Hey, maybe a new lucrative profession will come out of it. Speedy healing Amigo!
    Ted
    Same here for me, five years ago, left shoulder and right foot ankle.
    Now i have a "little" more time and less money for flight simming.

I wish a speedy recovery, Jan

Cheers
    Ulrich

Members who have read this thread: 0