Image Draw 4.0 [CAD/Graphics Design Application]

Thread: Image Draw 4.0 [CAD/Graphics Design Application]

I spent 4 years writing Image Draw, it's 98% complete. I'd planned to create my own Internet Page to sport it, maybe make a few dollars via advertising to maintain page, but never did. This is only public release if posted. 2004-2005 I began learning to collect, tweak and paint CFS2 aircraft, forgotten everything. Just recently re-installed on Win7 x64, slowly getting acquainted again.

Thought I'd post Image Draw 4.0.8.6, where peoples are enthusiast in custom graphics. Image Draw's native format is PNG, maybe I could incorporate DXT format...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyv...ew?usp=sharing

Image Draw Platform

I need to note Image Draw 4.0 is only released in x64 SSE2 Release Build.

Icon5

Hi S,
    Welcome back to the sim-world.

ID sounds interesting, always looking for better/different ways to do something.

The only thing I would say is that you must provide DXT/DDS support and output. In the sims CFS2, CFS3, Fs9, FSX, IL-2 etc all need DXT/DDS format texs, sorry to say but just png would be of little use for re-paints.

Cheers

Shessi

Image Draw is basically a Photoshop app that draws like a 2D CAD app. Being a Mech/Arch Designer that loves C programming, I wrote my own program.
    Yes, I'm going to look into C libraries that can add DXT/DDS support. I use Image Draw for all C programming image strips, transparent 32bit bitmaps, everything... Darn near replaces Photoshop. DXT/DDS support sparks my interest to work on the project.

To Do:
    1. Fix asking to save on some file types, even if nothing was changed.
    2. Fix undo after merging visible layers...
    3. Create dialog choosing which icon to load, when loading icon file containing multiple icons.

A C programmer, unfortunately a dying breed, but still very usable!

There is a 3D display prog called Aircraft Container Manager, a stand alone prog, which (when it works!!) will display an ac which you are painting. So if you are developing a real time tex displayer, then great stuff.

Look forward to it.

Shessi

I have a lot of Simulator stuff archived. I see I bought Aircraft Container Manager 2.5 in Jan 2004 for US$18.53. I haven't tried to install it yet, seen the other day I need VCL40.bpl, VCLJPG40.bpl, VCBX40.bpl placed in exe folder to work. I think there Boland DLL's, need to find and download. From 2002-2005 is when I was heavy into Simulator, I'm sure I was registered here and several other similar sites as well.

I used to program in MASM also, even lower level. I won't fool with new high level programming dependent on mass foreign libraries. That's why most of the new applications released are sooooo huge and sooooo slow. ImgDraw.exe is over 70,000 lines of code and only 1.08 MB, lighting fast, not dependent on anything but Windows native runtime libraries which are compiled into it.

I should note: anyone wanting to try it out, Image Draw does not add any DLL's to system directories. Does not add entries to registry (uses local INI). Does not change any file associations (must be done manually). I dread apps that install DLL's, make registry changes... in a system with no intent of reversing if uninstalled.

By the way, I changed a few SOH settings to allow email from users along with moderators... but, I'm still not receiving email notifications when new comments are posted to threads I'm participant in. Any suggestions?

Swagler,
    I had to go to Windows 10 when my XP rig died. The old version of ACM didn't work and I had to download the latest version. I installed it into C: and it works fine for me. Also, CFS2 was installed in C: and no problems. The black screen is something you may have to live with, unless someone can figure out how to "fix" it. Hope this helps.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Install Aircraft Container Manager 2.5 on Win7 x64 fix

Download InstallShield 3: www.ryankempt.com/downloads/Is3Engine.zip
    Decompress Is3Engine.zip
    Copy setup32.exe into ACM Setup directory (needs to be writable drive).

Execute setup32.exe, which starts ACM Setup.
    Installs ACM on Win7 x64 perfectly.

Reference : http://blog.ryankempt.com/2013/12/64...ed-16-bit.html

Easier way to install ACM2.5

Go to Simviation & download, it contains a 64 bit exe

https://simviation.com/1/browse-Util...rk=52915#52915

Easier way to view repaints without loading the sim

Get Arno's ModelConverterX v.140 (beta release)

https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/

UncleTgt, Wow, Thanks. ACM 2.5 is now freeware, recompiled in x64 needing no serial number?

Image Draw v4.0.8.7

Image Draw v4.0.8.7
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Vj...ew?usp=sharing

Fixed prompted to save changes at closing when nothings changed.

Got it, can't wait to take a look !!
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

No Dice, I've been researching C DXT/DDS Libraries. 2D GDI+ ARGB and 3D DirectX platforms are two completely different birds. Importing a DXT texture to ARGB would provide capability to edit texture flat pattern, then export back to DXT format. Viewing a wireframe rendered with texture would require full blown DirectX coding, I'd need capability of choosing between platforms. Incorporating DirectX viewer capable of rotation, zoom..., even without editing would be a huge undertaking. In any case, this would take quite a while to do.

Photo of Image Draw. First post isn't editable for some reason.

Image Draw 4.0 screenshot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image.Draw.jpg  
    Last edited by swagler; April 1st, 2018 at 19:13.

Image Draw 4.0.9.8

Added enhanced export/import features, sports Wu Color Quantizer to produce excellent 4-bit and 8-bit images. Added 16-bit RGB 555 & 565 support.

Added a Resource Manager capable of decoding multi-frame images, displaying bit count, color count.... Plan to have encoding of multi-frame images incorporated into Resource Manager in the near future.

Fixed many bugs, Lord knows there's a few not addressed.

Plan to begin DirectX... support after multi-frame coding is finished.

Download:
    Image Draw 4.0.9.8 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KjU...ew?usp=sharing

Simple example projects:
    Bath Detail https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_i4...ew?usp=sharing

Calender Dec 2017 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MlJ...ew?usp=sharing

Can not wait to see what can be done .............
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Thanks for interest No Dice.

I got fired up for a few months and wrote a custom class referencing CxImage and FreeImage libraries, burned out before writing export code.
    I've never put together a good help file, just the text file. The resource manager auto captures any file with multi frames when loading allowing you to pick frame to open, or if Load Image @ Coord or cursor
    is selected, it's then set to be drawn onto selected layer. Resource manager load image loads image and sets image to be drawn per cursor or coordinates.

Image Draw utilizes two clipboards, Windows and it's own internal ARGB. Any image on Windows clipboard can now be auto center pasted by setting Load Image Origin->Centered, Edit->Paste, pressing Draw button.
    The same applies to Load Image @ Coordinates.

Resource Manager->Create New Resource is not layer based like Color Mixer. Use a unique name, Create makes ARGB composite of all visible layers. Amend button allows replacing image, or adding frames to resource
    after frame '0' is created.

Future Resource Manager->Export button will build multi-resource vista icons, and multi-frame GIF & TIF files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Direct Draw example.idf (need to document better)

; whatever project size you want
    Project 984,744
    ; Scale 1"=1" (others defined in menu)
    Scale Pixels
    RelCoord 1

LayerCount 7
    CreateLayer 1,1,Bkgrd
    CreateLayer 2,1,Image
    CreateLayer 3,1,Black
    CreateLayer 4,1,Red
    CreateLayer 5,0,Green
    CreateLayer 6,1,Blue
    CreateLayer 7,1,Text

Font Arial
    FontStyle Italic
    FontColor 0,64,128

Alpha 255
    BrushAlpha 255
    Crosshair 0

Layer 1
    PenColor 255,255,255
    BrushColor 255,255,255
    FillBrush SolidBrush
    Rectangle 0,0,983,743,0,0

Layer 2
    ; LoadImage 0,0,0,0,Centered,D:\Projects\Image Draw Projects\Photo\Palm Tree (CMYK).tif
    LoadImage 500,100,400,640,BottomLeft,D:\Projects\Image Draw Project\Photo\Palm Tree (CMYK).tif

Crosshair 1

Layer 3
    LineWeight 4
    PenColor 0,0,0
    LineXY 100,150,300,0

LineWeight 2
    FillBrush None
    AngleArcMode Arc
    AngleArc 300,275,175,45,60
    LineWeight 1

CurveTension 0
    Polygon 100,100,200,200,200,-200,-400,0,End

RelCoord 0
    FillBrush SolidBrush
    BrushColor 0,64,128
    Polygon 500,100,700,300,900,100,500,100,End
    RelCoord 1

Dimension 100,150,400,150,48

Layer 4
    LineStyle CenterLine
    PenColor 255,0,0
    LineXY 100,250,400,0
    LineStyle SolidLine

Crosshair 0
    PenColor 0,0,0
    BrushColor 0,64,128
    Alpha 128
    BrushAlpha 128
    Rectangle 400,300,400,300,0,0
    Alpha 255
    BrushAlpha 255
    Crosshair 1

Layer 5
    PenColor 0,255,0
    LineXY 100,350,500,0

Layer 6
    PenColor 0,0,255
    LineXY 100,450,600,0

Layer 7
    Text 64,640,Hello World\n \nHey whats up\nThis is the third line\nWhat, here's the Forth LINE!\nWhat FIFTH LINE!

; direct set custom colors (note can be added to any project file, I haven't auto incororated like Scale)
    CustomColor1 190,200,214
    CustomColor2 255,0,0
    CustomColor3 0,255,0
    CustomColor4 0,0,255
    CustomColor5 225,225,240
    CustomColor6 64,0,0
    CustomColor7 0,0,64
    CustomColor8 173,185,205
    CustomColor9 182,129,254
    CustomColor10 0,64,128
    CustomColor11 188,158,117
    CustomColor12 212,208,200
    CustomColor13 79,105,144
    CustomColor14 27,27,54
    CustomColor15 77,96,130
    CustomColor16 41,57,85

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi S,
    Wondered if you'd done anything else with this, good to see it's coming along.

As ND says, will be very interesting to see.....

Cheers

Shessi

Shessi, thank you for your interest.

I started this application in late 2013. My father was a retired CNC programmer. It was a project my father and I were finally able to work on together allowing my father to dabble,
    building charts, graphs, images... using Basic and DOS languages, then send commands to my Windows Viewer.exe to display graphics. Simultaneously I was writing Image Draw.
    I dedicated Image Draw to my father after his passing in 2015.

Resource Manager in the future will also sport image conversions. Right now you need to export to 8-bit, then load back into Resource Manager.
    Vista multi-resource icons are built on say 640x320 project, a layer with guidelines boxing all sizes and bit-depths 1 pixel larger. Resource Manger->Create utilizes Select Tool clipping rect.

The main Image window will always be 32-bit ARGB, but using Resource conversion will allow transferring back and forth to achieve colors...

Periodically Image Draw becomes unresponsive, in the event, copy Temp folder form install directory to desktop before killing app.

Members who have read this thread: 0