Uggh so frustrating

Thread: Uggh so frustrating

SOH-CM-2023

Uggh so frustrating

I have an ongoing problem that I thought I had slain. I'm flying along with no major terrain changes and poof all of my textures drop out. Eventually they come back, but its like flying in marshmallow land for 1-2 minutes. If I reset the flight they will come back. I have been messing with fs9.cfg abit but even if I return it to stock I am still getting this texture drop out problem.

Arggh. Anybody have any good links to look at? I have been googling and not finding anything helpful.

Sean

This sounds like a job for.....
    DXT fixer!

IIRC happens when a dxt 1 or dxt 3 texture without Alpha channel but with an alpha channel setting is called.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.ph...ls&DLID=187538

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks. I'll try that out and see if it fixes the issue.

Sean

I get this issue sometimes too. mostly I just wait or like you do just reset something. I gather it's as little as a single texture file so as was said above can sometimes be fixed with an attitude adjustment. But it seems odd that a stock file might be the culprit.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

SOH-CM-2023
    Well I ran DXTfixer and had a couple of weird textures that I fixed. Issue still remains. I have replaced the video card (went to a Gforce 1050 ti) and I am still getting this weirdness. I work with a bunch of PC guys (I work as a Linux systems engineer) and the next suggestion is to replace the powersupply. I am open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks,
    Sean

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Used to experience this issue with 2 specific freeware aircraft I rather liked.

Could never get to the bottom of the cause, so I with heavy heart the aircraft were dispensed with. :-/
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

SOH-CM-2023
    Is there a limit to Screen resolution in FS9? Im running it on 2k monitor, so I wonder if thats causing it?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Is there a limit to Screen resolution in FS9? Im running it on 2k monitor, so I wonder if thats causing it?

Sean
    Not that I've come across and I run at 4K.
    I can't recall exactly where I came across them (I'll look) but I discovered a set of textures supposedly derived from ORBX that had been reworked for FS2004.
    Probably illegal as well, but I dropped them into my very mixed scenery files and there is a marked improvement.
    At 4K I do get a very faint shimmer but it is not as problem.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I've had the same problem for a number of years now. Picking up on NIgel's comment, this occurs with 3 freeware aircraft all of which (coincidentally??) have quite complex and detailed 2D panels and VCs. With these aircraft the scenery textures will remain blurred for the duration of the flight. I also get the problem with certain airports with a fair density of both static and dynamic AI aircraft, but, the scenery textures will restore once clear of the airport.
    I've learned to live with it

Members who have read this thread: 0