MilViz P38 Lightning

Thread: MilViz P38 Lightning

MilViz P38 Lightning

Is there any repaints for the freeware MilViz P38 Lightning. They released their P-38 with the Red Bull paint scheme and the paint kit that came with it is the same Red Bull.
    Appreciate any leads.

Regards
    Bubbado

Oh, on Manfreds C-47s there is a realistic slow radial engine start. Is in the aircraft cfg file, if so where. Reason am asking is I would like to adapt it to
    the WOP bombers and other aircraft. I like the slow start.

A very quick Google search brought this up;

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.ph...rp&DLID=195282

as well as this on this very forum;

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-P-38-textures

As for the start procedure on any aircraft, it is most likely governed by XML gauge coding in the model files. You'd have to do some digging to find out about that too.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

I believe that Bubbado is referring to the Milviz P-38 Redux and not the P-38L. Different aircraft.

There are several paints out there for the Redux model, all variations of the initial Red Bull texture with more shine and clean without the Red Bull logo. Search for Milviz Redux by ******** in the library.

At one time I recall that the textures were similar to another P-38 product that Milviz was involved with. I can't remember the exact details except that I attempted to bring one over to the redux model.

I succeeded in bringing over Yippie, except that I could not change the spinners. It would have been nice to have a "White Lighting" scheme as well.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thanks guys for all the replies. Did a search on repaints and found some Jankees did and they are AWSOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbado View Post
    Thanks guys for all the replies. Did a search on repaints and found some Jankees did and they are AWSOME.
    Links Please!!! Thanks......

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Links Please!!! Thanks......
    OPPS, my mistake they are for the P-37L not the
    Melviz P-38 Redux.
    Here is the link anyway. Scroll down to almost bottom, he did quite a few repaints for the Milviz P-38L !
    Link here.. copy and paste ... http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...ds_file&page=4

Am trying to findei repaints for the
    P-38 Redux.
    Will post my findings. Found NOTHING !! Lots for the P-37L tho !
    Have any of you seen the price for the Melviz P-38L ? Man they want $60.00 for it, WOW, very pricey !!! Would like to have it, but too much for my blood. Be nice to
    get it like $20.00 cheaper. Hpw old is it anyway ?
    Last edited by Bubbado; March 22nd, 2018 at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    At one time I recall that the textures were similar to another P-38 product that Milviz was involved with. I can't remember the exact details except that I attempted to bring one over to the redux model.

I succeeded in bringing over Yippie, except that I could not change the spinners. It would have been nice to have a "White Lighting" scheme as well.
    I believe the old FSD P38 is the model you are referring to. There are some military paints for that model that can be coaxed onto the Redux model although there are some minor issues.

ever thought of looking in the repaint section of the milviz forums or OZx where Jankees posts his P38 paints?

or using the search option in the forum for the release thread where Jankees and others posted their repaints ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I believe the old FSD P38 is the model you are referring to. There are some military paints for that model that can be coaxed onto the Redux model although there are some minor issues.
    Yep. It was from FSD.

I really liked the MV P-38 Civilian Redbull with its modern cockpit. As I mentioned I was always hoping there would be a "White Lighting" repaint for this one as I saw that plane at one of our early trips to the Reno Air Races.

It was pretty hot that day and the wife and I spent some time in the pits under the wing of Lefty's P-38 to stay out of the sun.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

These are a couple of Jan Kees Blom's paints for the FSD model dragged onto the Milviz redux.

Not accurate to type, but a change from the Red Bull scheme.
    Search over at Avsim for "FSD Blom". You'll have to fiddle with the aircraft.cfg a bit though.

Just saying that in P3D v4, the Milviz P-38L is included as default, just lacking Tacpack functionality.

Members who have read this thread: 2