Problems with Harpoon Download

Thread: Problems with Harpoon Download

Icon28 Problems with Harpoon Download

Hi Folks,

I hope someone out there can help me. I've been happily downloading some of Milton's incredible work for FSX such as the B26, AT11, Ventura and Harpoon Fire bomber, with no problem at all. Before the Ventura, I down loaded the Harpoon, which appeared to down-load O.K. but when a thumbnail was selected, a pop-up appeared "Initialization Failure". this has happened with all the thumbnails, and if the "Details" box is selected it appears blacked out. I've un-installed, including items in the Effects Folder, downloaded, and re-installed several times, with the same result. All the aircraft appear under PV2 Harpoon on the select aircraft menu, and on the computer, under "Aircraft " when PV2 Harpoon is selected, all appears normal! When I downloaded the Harpoon Fire Bomber, there was no sound, but when I re-installed the PV2 Harpoon, the sound returned to the Fire Bomber. I am a computer idiot, so any suggestions or help please.

The fire bomber aliases the sound from the PV2 Harpoon. You can easily copy the sound folder from the Harpoon and paste it to the fire bomber folder.

Don't know why about the initialization error with the Harpoon.

I remember your original post in the Harpoon, Ventura, etc thread. I also have FSX plus the 2 SPs and no problem with the Harpoon.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0