Models built by Kazunori Ito. . . .Final Word!

Thread: Models built by Kazunori Ito. . . .Final Word!

Models built by Kazunori Ito. . . .Final Word!

This seems to have started (Publicly) with the XP-67 and doesn't seem to want to die, so here's the skinny and then any future conversations concerning his models should cease. In very simple terms, "Nothing" is to be done to his models beyond a very simple repaint. You can load one of his original textures into DXTbmp and see the format he used. THAT is the only way he wants them done. He has been ok in the past where someone has tweaked his FDE to get it closer to a decent flier. . .he admitted to me that he has no expertise in that area. That's it folks. . .nothing else!

No converting to FSX native, no messing with it in MCX, no trying to get a VC from another airplane into his model. . .that would never work anyway because that's only been possible with two native FSX aircraft, nothing else! the end!

He has done some great models, they would be great to have in FSX as native models, but he was an old school developer, he had his basic ways of doing things and he didn't want anyone taking them beyond that. Whether you agree with that or not is not for conversation.

"Keep it to yourselves" Capiche?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

So, he replied to your e-mail?
    I hope he is in good health.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    So, he replied to your e-mail?
    I hope he is in good health.
    No, never replied and by now I seriously doubt I'll hear anything. My statements are based on his readme file. . .which, for the most part, reads the same now as it did when I downloaded my first Ito airplane when I installed FS9 after coming over from ProPilot 98'. It's not worth the trouble it causes in the forums to discuss any "enhancing" of his airplanes. There are freeware developers who sometimes welcome improvements to their models as long as they follow certain guidelines and give proper credit for the original work. . .Kazunori Ito is not one of those. If you read his readme and don't try to read anything additional into it. . .his wish is that his airplane be left as is except for the simple livery style he used and improvements to the FDE. Nothing more.

I don't know if he is still alive or not. Someone knows I guess, but for whatever reason, he does not answer e-mails and it's my belief that even if he did he would never sanction what we wanted to do with his XP-67. That's a shame because if anyone was going to build the model into a native FSX it would have been done a long time ago. His would have been a great candidate for that.

With that, case closed. . .I'll go on to some other project that doesn't have his name on it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    On another note. I hereby give anyone permission to give my FS 8/9 aircraft the FSX treatment. I no longer have either the source files or FSDS anymore so if anyone want's to try... Go for it!!!
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    On another note. I hereby give anyone permission to give my FS 8/9 aircraft the FSX treatment. I no longer have either the source files or FSDS anymore so if anyone want's to try... Go for it!!!
    Holy Smokes, Brian!

That's a really significant body work, all of it most lovely and very interesting. What happened to the source files? Was it a technical issue like a hard drive failure, or is it like the day I went cold turkey on cigars?

SOH-CM-2023
    My old design computer which had all my design work as well as FSDS crashed and I couldn't recover the data. I thought I had burned backups onto a cd but if I had, I couldn't find them again. I suppose I could buy another copy of FSDS and try running them through Model Converter X and see what happens but....

I don't have a lot of free time anymore. I'm lucky I have time to fly the sim a little on the weekends...
    You can't take the sky from me...

Members who have read this thread: 2