Not sure what to think. It's certainly not grandads Jupiter2

Hi

"Danger, Will Robinson!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	59078
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Many folks had trouble with the updated Batman movie series with its dark undertones. I for one liked what was done with the character but that's just me. This might be a similar 'update' with new more 'adult?' undertones. It's hard to make that conclusion from just a trailer but I'm intrigued. I watched the original series every day after school and still know lots of the lines but this looks different enough to not interfere with those memories. That was then this is now.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Aeromed22,

Just remember that the Adam West Batman movie (1966) and the following 1960's TV series (1966-68) were meant to be campy and laughed at. The darker tones of the newer movies are a return to how the original comics were written in the thirties and forties.

That actually looks as though it will be a good series. It's just too bad that I don't "do" Netflix...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

This is both beginning and end themes for the new Lost in Space.

First episode tomorrow 4/13/2018

Hi

guess I'll have to pass

God I hate to get to get political here, I've been with Netflix since square one, but with Netflix bringing on Susan Rice, I notified them of thanks but no thanks. They are free to go in what ever directions they want but I don't have to contribute. Just too much stink for me to handle

Well, I've now watched two episodes and I'm stunned. Its excellent. I'm making myself go to sleep before I end up binge-watching all the episodes.
    Hi

Had to force myself to finish episode 1. TERRIBLE. I almost stopped watching when the water froze almost instantly, yet the people were moving around with no head cover and exposed skin which didn't freeze at all. LOLOLOL...... This is science fiction totally without the science.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Had to force myself to finish episode 1. TERRIBLE. I almost stopped watching when the water froze almost instantly, yet the people were moving around with no head cover and exposed skin which didn't freeze at all. LOLOLOL...... This is science fiction totally without the science.
    Its an extreme example, but is scientifically possible. I actually thought it was clever, and that somebody had done their homework to come up with it.

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com...eeze-soda-ice/

Hi

Another mediocre reboot.......meh.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Another mediocre reboot.......meh.
    So you've seen the show? What parts didn't you like?
    Hi

Well, it was so-so (IMHO), and I did my best to have no formed expectations beyond a slim hope for a more adult version of the original series. I too was perplexed by the oddities of selective weather effects. Curious how one movie, The Day After Tomorrow, and this series can simultaneously portray wildly different results of severe cold. I also found the story flow hard to digest with too many unexplained events and situations. Still, this wouldn't be the first remake that started off a bit rough but recovered into a worthwhile series. I'd like to know what kids think of it. I think if I were a kid again it would be way cool so maybe that's all Netflix was after.

Quote Originally Posted by HyFlyer View Post
    Its an extreme example, but is scientifically possible. I actually thought it was clever, and that somebody had done their homework to come up with it.

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com...eeze-soda-ice/

Not really an ice wave but an ice shove. We get them almost every spring on Lake Winnebago. (If you look on Wikipedia for ice shoves the first picture is one from Winnebago, but they look best at Menominee Park.) One last year reached nearly 20 feet and destroyed docks down by The Waters reception hall! Even when they're that big and don't look like they're moving, they still crackle like these ones. (Ours don't have many of the crystal looking shards either but are mostly ice boulders! The ones in the video are beautiful!)

No talking carrot leading the vegetable rebellion? Bloop? We need the Bloop. Rumor has it that Jar Jar Binks will make a cameo at the end.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Icon2

It's on "the list" for me to check out...

this all amuses me,its a tv show about a family lost in space,were not to understand all the weirdness,theyre not on earth right?.so whos to say how water,cold, ice acts?..just enjoy the show and its silly premise,dont look at it as a scientific study of space.ive liked it so far.

I think you nailed it.

Nice look at the making of the digital effects. Warning!! May be spoilers for those who have not seen it yet.

Hi

Members who have read this thread: 0