Nemeth Designs Bell 407 available

Thread: Nemeth Designs Bell 407 available

Blog Entries

Nemeth Designs Bell 407 available

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

I got this one now and I got the Milviz Bell 407. And I must say, that I'm not very impressed with this one.

Sounds:

Inside the cockpit the sound is like a jet ranger.
    There are also several sounds (for the system sounds) missing and Milviz got these sounds in their Bell 407.

Model:

The Model is quite good and I like the rain on the windows.

Startup:

I tried cold and dark in P3DV4 with the GTN750 Version and the P3D crashed to desktop after hitting the engine starter twice and got the engine starting sound.

Flight Dynamics:

The flight dynamics are better then in the MV 407, they are more responsive.

So I think, that I will stay with the Milviz one, because the Start Up is more realistic and the sounds are much better compared to videos of the real deal.

I have it for FSXA with the stock GPS. Very nice. No problems with startup.

Textures are very nice. Flight dynamics very smooth. All switches and gauges work as expected. Fun to fly.

Apparently, the FLIR works only for P3D installs. I noticed, however, that the FLIR compass is 180 degrees off.

Only issue so far are the interior views. I can only get the first three, and none for the rear cabin. ND has been notified, but not yet responded.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Picked it up tonight and yes it sounds like a B206. And while I understand why he made this one easier to fly, I don't understand why developers don't provide a choice of flight dynamics as it makes a big difference which would be best for you depending on your hardware set up. That said I don't regret buying it as the panel is very different and those new gauges are cool. I could not integrate my RXP 500 for some reason as the buttons would not work once I put in in there. Maybe someone will wind up tweaking it to make it work better with a heli set-up.

LouP

Just finished my first repaint for it - should be available at avsim.com shortly (maybe tomorrow)

All the Best to you folks and happy easter-days

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2018_3_29_16_57_13.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Just finished my first repaint for it - should be available at avsim.com shortly (maybe tomorrow)

All the Best to you folks and happy easter-days

Dirk

TY, I'll be watching for it.

LouP

Frankly,
    The Milviz 407 is far beyond anything I've flown in the way of helicopters for FSX. In fact, it has a working forced trim and the handling may seem easier because it actually is easier in the real thing, (than say, the UH-1). The Milviz UH-1 sis yet another top drawer helicopter produced by Milviz.

The third Milviz copter (and I think it was the second one to be released), is the Milviz Black Bird, MD-350. I've bought so many helicopters from Nemith and I was astounded by that particular fact because not one, (NOT ONE), of the Nemith copters was worth half the price they charged.

I was astounded at how gullible, (or desperate), I was when I kept hoping Nemith would release one helicopter with a functional cockpit, even if only 15% functional, and time after time, I'd be disappointed with their release.

Somehow, I would convince myself that "this time", the people who reviewed the latest Nemith released and gave it 4 or 5 stars, knew what they were talking about. The truth is, they didn't, and those reviewers who praised the Nemith helicopters were all 'arcade game-players'.

I flew a helicopter twice in my life, (both times it was a 206B tour copter with just my wife and I, and the pilot) and the Milviz 407, UH-1 and MD-350 all seemed to be a very good representation when it came to flight characteristics. In fact, I think the Milviz UH-1 seemed a little harder to control that I expected it to feel like. It just seemed a bit sluggish but I can't say if that's how the real thing was, or not.

I can say that the actual flying and control of the 206B helicopter I flew, (on a very conventional, basic level), was for me, an easy and natural progression. I guess I just had a pretty good, basic understanding of helicopter characteristics in general. One of the pilots who let me fly it, insisted that I must have had lessons. When I told him that I didn't, he would chuckle and say "yea, OK. So you just automatically knew how to hover and pirouette, huh?".

I told him that I had an advanced home PC flight simulator called FSX, but he never heard of it. I explained that it was my desktop computer and a single monitor, (no hydraulic platforms or things like that), and he said that he found it hard to believe I could get such a strong understanding of collective, cyclic and rudder control from that. He still believed I wasn't being entirely honest and was sure I had at least 4 or 5 lessons.

He was so sure, that he let me land the thing! LOL. I asked him if he could show me how to auto-rotate but my wife was with us and it would violate the tour company's rules (this was a Snake River tour copter).
    FWIW,
    Rich
    Windows 7 H.P. 64bit / FSX Deluxe Gold w/Accl Pack
    Corsair 780T case/ MSI z97 MPower MAX AC/ 16GB RipJaws RAM 8x2 (2400Mhz)/ Corsair 1000w PSU/ i7 4790K CPU (Dev Cnyn) Overclocked to 4.9 GHz*/ GTX 1070 8G/ Crucial MX200 500gb SSD OS Drive (two of these)/ Crucial MX100 500gb SSD/ Plextor 512GB SSD/ Plextor 256GB SSD/ Kingston 250GB SSD/ MomentusX 1TB SSHD External USB 3.0 / *CPU is Liquid-cooled Swiftech semi closed-loop system w/One 240mm x 120mm radiator and One 140mm x 140 mm radiator

Quote Originally Posted by wingclip View Post
    Frankly,
    The Milviz 407 is far beyond anything I've flown in the way of helicopters for FSX. In fact, it has a working forced trim and the handling may seem easier because it actually is easier in the real thing, (than say, the UH-1). The Milviz UH-1 sis yet another top drawer helicopter produced by Milviz.
    FWIW,
    Rich
    think you convinced me about my next Milviz purchase...thanks!

My Pleasure, you won't be disappointed, that's for sure.
    Rich
    Corsair 780T case/ MSI z97 MPower MAX AC/ 16GB RipJaws RAM 8x2 (2400Mhz)/ Corsair 1000w PSU/ i7 4790K CPU (Dev Cnyn) Overclocked to 4.9 GHz*/ GTX 1070 8G/ Crucial MX200 500gb SSD OS Drive (two of these)/ Crucial MX100 500gb SSD/ Plextor 512GB SSD/ Plextor 256GB SSD/ Kingston 250GB SSD/ MomentusX 1TB SSHD External USB 3.0 / *CPU is Liquid-cooled Swiftech semi closed-loop system w/One 240mm x 120mm radiator and One 140mm x 140 mm radiator

I've both Milviz and Nemeth and I'm disappointed by both.
    I had some problems in installing the Nemeth solved without any help from their support.
    The Milviz has some interesting feature, you can customize the copter, but I've never been able to show the pilot and the customer care hasn't solved the problem. There are also little problems with the workable pontoons (solved with a patch), and it's possible to have emergency pontoons installed with other equipment (in real world emergency poonts are mandatory and you still have your external equipment installed).
    The Nemeth works fine, maybe the sound isn't correct, it flies well and I've solved the problem of the cameras importing the setting from another helicopter, but it's inferior to other products of the same firm.

I don't own the Nemith 407B version but I will say that every Nemith I ever bought, (I've got to have at least 4 or 5), has been a huge disappointment. In every Nemith model I have, less than 10% of the instrument controls/switches actually do something. I've removed them all from my sim sometime ago. I was only mad at myself for giving them so many chances.

None of their products are worth the tier-1 prices they charge. I've been flying FSX for 10 years and have accumulated a lot of 3rd party add-ons. Scenery, mesh, atmosphere, water, aircraft etc., but I bought most of the Nemith choppers in the first 3 years or so. Then a few years ago, I found that they were still making them like they did 8 years ago; 'all show and no go'.

As I said, I don't own the Nemith 407B but I'm almost betting that their version doesn't have a working Force Trim. However, if it does, then I'll bet that their 407 is from Milviz and is a 'partnership deal'. Milviz would have set some limits in the agreement and I personally can attest to the fact that Nemith had nothing to do with the Milviz 407B build and development.

If there is a deal between them, Milviz would have imposed limits. I don't know if you know this, but Milviz and Nemith worked in partnership on several other helicopters, (like the CH54 Skyhook). I don't know how was responsible for what in the CH54 but I seriously doubt Nemith had much to do with any controls beyond the usual flight system.

If they worked out a deal for the 407B, then it's likely that Milviz put a limit on how much of the interior details would work (switches & instruments) and they probably didn't let Nemith have the flight model programming either.

The flight characteristics of every Nemith model that I own is the same and as 'arcade' as you can get. A 5 year old kid could fly any of them. Maybe the Milviz 407B needed a patch to get the pontoons to work, (which happens to be a common 'update ritual' for many of the top developers), but the Nemeth arcade flight characteristics of their helicopters would need a lot more than a patch.

It wouldn't be so bad if Nemith priced their products someplace between $20 and $25 but when they're charging what the tier 1 developers charge and all you get is a paint job, well... There's no comparing Nemith to Milviz on any level.

As far as the customer support, I found Nemeth to be no more reliable than anyone else. I rather not contact any of them when I have a problem because they're all just a lesson in frustration. I found the forums more helpful than any of the developer CS contacts.
    FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by panty View Post
    I've both Milviz and Nemeth and I'm disappointed by both.
    I had some problems in installing the Nemeth solved without any help from their support.
    The Milviz has some interesting feature, you can customize the copter, but I've never been able to show the pilot and the customer care hasn't solved the problem. There are also little problems with the workable pontoons (solved with a patch), and it's possible to have emergency pontoons installed with other equipment (in real world emergency poonts are mandatory and you still have your external equipment installed).
    The Nemeth works fine, maybe the sound isn't correct, it flies well and I've solved the problem of the cameras importing the setting from another helicopter, but it's inferior to other products of the same firm.
    try deleting the configuration setting for the 407, you will find it in the below link on your pc

C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\MVAMS\Configurations\B 407

and restart MVAMS and set your configuration and save it

Done but without effect.
    After some tweaking the Nemeth has become my preferred.

Members who have read this thread: 0