Best Cessna

Thread: Best Cessna

SOH-CM-2023

Best Cessna

Hi All,

Best single engine Cessna? I am flying the 162/172 in real life and am looking for everybody's favorite single engine Cessna.

Its all about your opinion and why!

Sean

The ones with round engines, of course!
    C165 / 190 / 195

MikeW

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    The ones with round engines, of course!
    C165 / 190 / 195
    MikeW
    Me too! What he said!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Me too! What he said!

I was hoping for sim versions either Freeware or Payware, like Carenado's 172N or Freeware C150. I didnt even know there were that many round engine Cessnas outside of the 195. Learn something new everyday.

Sean

I really like the A2A Cessna 172. I have flown many hours in that, and like all A2A products it is meticulously detailed inside and out, including systems, sounds, and flight dynamics.

I also just purchased another 172 the other day, from Aeroproctoyo, but haven't had a chance to fly that one yet. I bought that one because it looked awesome and I am a fan of the developer's other freeware works, and also a change is as good as a holiday .

https://a2asimulations.com/store/ind...53cd1903da3b2d

http://secure.simmarket.com/a2a-simu...c-bundle.phtml

http://secure.simmarket.com/aeroproy...172n-fsx.phtml

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Joe Binka's C190/195 is freeware.

Bill Ortis' Model A is another round-engined Cessna, also freeware.

The flat engines Cessnas are nice enough, but mostly too modern for my taste, though I have some 140s, 170s and old straight-tail 172s in my Classic Era sim.

Besides, if we really like the flat-engines Cessnas, we can go to any airport and see (or rent) a real one.

I prefer the 182, both fixed gear and retractable gear models... but I have been flying the 208 Caravan modelas well , if we include turboprops.

I'm have been quit happy with my Carenado 182RG and 206 Stationairs for a few years now.And also my FSD 337s and O-2(speaking of Cessna,but twins).

I have the Carenado payware C172 for FS9, it is a good rendition of a C172 and it has a high quality VC. In the VC you can see the shadows from the wings on the ground. It has manuals, etc included in the package of course. There are repaints for it as well too that you can find on most flightsim sites.
    Mark

SOH-CM-2023
    So if I wanted to, say, write an article comparing and contrasting the different modern Cessnas, where could I post it? I'd like someone to read it if I post it.

Sean

Members who have read this thread: 1