Wouldn't It Be REALLY WEIRD If....

Thread: Wouldn't It Be REALLY WEIRD If....

Question Wouldn't It Be REALLY WEIRD If....

Harvick wins ALL of the races this season right up until The Chase....but then doesn't win the championship....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Harvick wins ALL of the races this season right up until The Chase....but then doesn't win the championship....
    And that is exactly how the "Chase"... "Playoff"... or whatever NASCAR is calling their scheme of the final 10 races being the determining factor in who wins the championship. Yes, it creates excitement, but it does not reward a whole season of exceptional performance and severely punishes anyone who has the misfortune of being caught up in someone else's wreck in the final 10 races.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Next they will have bracket's like basketball....

Icon2

Guess I jinxed him....

I think Harvick jinxed himself. Nice, polite post-race interviews, but I think on track, Harvick had his fill of racing against the 42 and was looking to send him the message.

By the way, Lowe's Home Improvement has announced it is ending its support of NASCAR. Looks like the 48 team will be looking for money next year.

https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2018...ar-2018-season
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Harvick had his fill of racing against the 42 and was looking to send him the message.
    So kind of like Gordon said....Larson rattled him...

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    And that is exactly how the "Chase"... "Playoff"... or whatever NASCAR is calling their scheme of the final 10 races being the determining factor in who wins the championship. Yes, it creates excitement, but it does not reward a whole season of exceptional performance and severely punishes anyone who has the misfortune of being caught up in someone else's wreck in the final 10 races.

If you look at the REAL numbers, that is total points EARNED over 36 races, JJ only has 3 championships while Gordon has 7. Last year was a fortunate exception as Truex actually won the championship.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If you look at the REAL numbers, that is total points EARNED over 36 races, JJ only has 3 championships while Gordon has 7. Last year was a fortunate exception as Truex actually won the championship.
    Well...
    Theres's still time for Harvick to acquire massive amounts of points over the 2nd place competitor and still lose the Cup championship!

Well...
    Theres's still time for Harvick to acquire massive amounts of points over the 2nd place competitor and still lose the Cup championship!

You are quite correct, although I would prefer things to go as they did last year and crown the real champion.

Question

You are quite correct, although I would prefer things to go as they did last year and crown the real champion.
    What if NASCAR kept the stage racing and stage point system - BUT eliminated "The Chase"?

"Instead, it offers another dire reminder about the state of NASCAR in 2018 amidst continually slumping television ratings, flat attendance, and an economic climate where teams are saddled with exorbitant costs but have fewer dollars coming in."

And that sums it up.
    The V8 Supercar series just runs races, including the enduros and the driver with the most points at the end of the year wins the title.
    Without checking that seems to have taken the championship down to the final for the past few years, certainly did for 2017.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

What if NASCAR kept the stage racing and stage point system - BUT eliminated "The Chase"?
    That would be an improvement but still leave a skewed scorecard. The way to fix it is to get out Bill Sr's old rule book that worked so well for so many years and quit screwing around with the rules.

That would be an improvement but still leave a skewed scorecard. The way to fix it is to get out Bill Sr's old rule book that worked so well for so many years and quit screwing around with the rules.

gosh yer funny sometimes....hehehehe....said tongue in cheek...

that would be the best fix to nascar,but its not likely to happen.seems to me that rules changes in the past were about stopping cheating,or percieved cheating...now a days it seems its to give the sports favs a better chane to win...and yes im talking about Jr,yes he was good at the plate tracks,but on the mile and a half and shorter tracks he was a mid packer at best,abnd fan influance and pressure did make nascar take action.now we have the dillon boys who are expected to win just because of grandpa..its never going to end..will only get worse.

Members who have read this thread: 0