Harrier!

Thread: Harrier!

Harrier!

I decided to make the jump and buy the Harrier and so far am quite impressed. I did a lot of research before buying this model as I had bought the original RAZBAM Harrier for FSX and to be honest, I was disappointed with it despite it being a fairly good looking model. My two points of unhappiness with that model were the simplicity of systems/gauge function but more importantly, the flight modeling & V/STOL function. With the DCS Harrier, the flight dynamics are vastly superior to the FSX version and the systems depth (even in early access) is night and day better than the FSX version. Regarding the V/STOL flight dynamics, in a word: WOW! Very nice, very realistic according to the actual flight manual and pilot reports, a bit of a steep learning curve which once mastered is quite rewarding. The model handles very well in Normal Flight mode, a total joy to fly. Obviously there's still a bit to be added as the model as development progresses and I'm sure there will be more tweaking to fine tune an already excellent model. If you're on the fence about this model, trust me, GET IT! Here are some screens of my getting a feel for Carrier ops on the Tarawa:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautiful,Nice job getting her back on the ship STorm,Great Shots!!!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Beautiful,Nice job getting her back on the ship STorm,Great Shots!!!
    Thanks! Runway landings are a piece of cake for me now but the ship landing is tedious at best. Finesse, can't emphasis that term enough. To be honest, it makes landing the SU-33 seem super easy! One good thing is that working the MFD's and HUD are helping me prepare for the Hornet when it arrives.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the Harrier and Love it,I don't think I've flown anything else as much sinse it came out,Vertical Landing are very rewarding when accomplished.

Patrick

Blog Entries
    I think the Harrier is the best aircraft in DCS, and it's not even finished yet!

Ian

Does the Harrier come with RAF skins?

Been holding off on the Harrier - I love the Viggen and Hornet too much. But Harrier looks like fun!

What server do you guys fly on?

If not there are several on the DCS User download files, I only fly the included USMC stuff.

I'm on the unlocked servers, if you just want to fly and learn to hover the Harrier, a few guys are always in them on the Aerobatics non-combat server. I was recently able to see how messed up the VTOL flight model is while trapping on the Stennis.

It's still WIP and had the Hornet not come out till next year, I might be learning more on it as it's a unique combat aircraft. I really wish Raz would have gone all in and made the radar version.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Does the Harrier come with RAF skins?

Been holding off on the Harrier - I love the Viggen and Hornet too much. But Harrier looks like fun!

What server do you guys fly on?
    RAZBAM are working on a period correct Sea Harrier for the upcoming South Atlantic/Falklands Map,This I Believe will develop into a Fully Functional DCS Module.

Patrick

***From RAZBAM FB Page***
    "The HUD repeater with HUD flir video and the FLIR MPCD video."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44493409_1918934331526529_3549489036454264832_n.jpg  

Patrick

Well the NVGs look pretty good and accurate, just need some scintillation.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0