RS Ship damage model question

Thread: RS Ship damage model question

RS Ship damage model question

Hot on the heels of reading "Never Call Me A Hero", about Dusty Kleiss" SBD pilot at Midway (highly recommended)I decided to fly some Midway missions in Rising Sun. My wingmen and I scored several hits on the Akagi and the label health rating (for lack of a better term) dropped to zero, but there is no smoke or damage after the initial explosion. Thoughts?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    Hot on the heels of reading "Never Call Me A Hero", about Dusty Kleiss" SBD pilot at Midway (highly recommended)I decided to fly some Midway missions in Rising Sun. My wingmen and I scored several hits on the Akagi and the label health rating (for lack of a better term) dropped to zero, but there is no smoke or damage after the initial explosion. Thoughts?
    Gidday, I am reasonably familiar with ship xdps but not with how the carrier system works. I took a look at the Akagi xdp and the full height version of the xdp.

The full height version has more damage effects.

However the first question is which ship are you attacking? The full height version or the other one? If it is the other one, it has fewer damage effects associated with the systems section. You could try copying over the carrier damage effects from the full height version.

Also in the gunstations section of the Akagi xdps (both versions), in the gunstations section all the 8in_55 guns have trainable="20" which is meaningless. Change to trainable="1". Ditto all the 20mm flak guns. The amount of ammo for the flak guns is pretty low also. But not on your topic!

Not sure which version it is as I did not fly close enough to it where it would drop down. This is one of the Midway Mission's that come stock in RS

If it was Historical/Midway 12;

<GroundFormation ID="1019" Country="Japan_IJN" Skill="1" Points="1" DamagePercent="40" FormType="coil">
    <Unit ID="9103" Type="ijn_akagi_full_height"/>

Flamingskull, we need you back in MP, we use stock
    with a 20 A/C add-on to make it easy for all to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Gidday, I am reasonably familiar with ship xdps but not with how the carrier system works. I took a look at the Akagi xdp and the full height version of the xdp.

The full height version has more damage effects.

However the first question is which ship are you attacking? The full height version or the other one? If it is the other one, it has fewer damage effects associated with the systems section. You could try copying over the carrier damage effects from the full height version.

Also in the gunstations section of the Akagi xdps (both versions), in the gunstations section all the 8in_55 guns have trainable="20" which is meaningless. Change to trainable="1". Ditto all the 20mm flak guns. The amount of ammo for the flak guns is pretty low also. But not on your topic!
    What amount should be chosen ?

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi gosd,

I presume you mean ammo? All I do is take a look at amounts of ammo in similar warship xdps. You would think something around 3000 for 20mm flak given the rate of fire?

@ firestorm II, just take a llok at the mission xmk which you are trying. It will tell you which version of the Akagi is turning up as the mission target. (model name is identical to xdp name).

Members who have read this thread: 0