MilViz 310R Redux released

Thread: MilViz 310R Redux released

MilViz 310R Redux released

A much updated, refreshed and highly realistic version of the MilViz 310R has been released:

http://milviz.com/flight/products/310_redux/

It includes the Trueglass, Realight, REX/MilViz WXR and much more:

There is a discount offered if you own the previous version.

Even with the discount, I am mulling whether to spend almost what a new aircraft costs when I already have this one and it flies in P3Dv4 fine and the enhancements seem pretty minor or subtle ones. Other devs offer customers these kinds of updates - and sometimes more - for free. I also prefer Rob Richardson's short nosed 310's to the long nosed ones. Different strokes . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Even with the discount, I am mulling whether to spend almost what a new aircraft costs when I already have this one and it flies in P3Dv4 fine and the enhancements seem pretty minor or subtle ones. Other devs offer customers these kinds of updates - and sometimes more - for free. I also prefer Rob Richardson's short nosed 310's to the long nosed ones. Different strokes . .
    Yep, with you on this one as well expat. I have the MilViz 310 but rarely fly it over the Rob Richardson version.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

On the fence here with this one too. Does the new version have the "wicked" torque like the previous? Like the aircraft, but the way FSX has handled torque, it can get really "squirrelly" on TO & landing.

Thanks!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    On the fence here with this one too. Does the new version have the "wicked" torque like the previous? Like the aircraft, but the way FSX has handled torque, it can get really "squirrelly" on TO & landing.

Thanks!

Bill

yes, is does. I didn't like it too, so i eased out the effect by changing the engine position in the aircraft.cfg file.

[GeneralEngineData]
    //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
    engine_type = 0
    Engine.0 = 6.5, -5.8, 0.0
    Engine.1 = 6.5, 5.8, 0.0 //6.5, 6.2, 0.0

Just make the value equal or the difference smaller , just the way you like it best.

Wim

I took a flight in Rob's C310B last night, I forgot how good it is. I am sure the Milviz version will be more detailed, but Rob's is good enough for my needs.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I hope it is well received and they decide to do something similar to their Beech Baron B55.

Wow, thank you for that. I feel quite silly, in not realizing that the engines were asymmetrically offset like that . All this time flying the 310 "sideways"! works like a charm....

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    yes, is does. I didn't like it too, so i eased out the effect by changing the engine position in the aircraft.cfg file.

[GeneralEngineData]
    //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
    engine_type = 0
    Engine.0 = 6.5, -5.8, 0.0
    Engine.1 = 6.5, 5.8, 0.0 //6.5, 6.2, 0.0

Just make the value equal or the difference smaller , just the way you like it best.

Wim

Members who have read this thread: 0