Drivers

Thread: Drivers

Drivers

With My Geforce GTX 980 In Win 7 What would be he best NIVIDIA Driver?? Currently using 388.71,after using the 390.97 Of which For me Had issues Some in my Map display .. Made it Transparent Any Ideas For Best drive for quality in FSX ??? ..THNX ALL!?

The latest driver.

You should always keep your graphics card up to date.

The latest version is 391.01 and quite I like it for my GTX1060 on Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    The latest driver.

You should always keep your graphics card up to date.
    I respectfully disagree.
    When your system [and FSX] functions without issue simply do NOT succumb to every update that pops up [for usually no good reason....check the logs and you'll find most will be pointless].
    Often new releases can add issues not performance.
    Win 7 Ult 64 here ...driver ver is 23.21.13.9065 [actually recent - March 1 '18] ....and using a GTX980...

I agree JAFO so Many Variables ..New Drivers Designed for latest games..We Know the Venerable FSX may not handle the new tech For it does not have it..however if it all works You DO NOT TOUCH IT...Be Careful for what You ask for Thnx HAPPY LANDINGS!!

I also agree with JAFO. I find a driver that works well, then stick with that one. If there is a problem, I'd try new drivers, but new drivers tend to add support for new cards and new games, rarely do they seem to have a real benefit for older cards or old games and sims, but may introduce problems with old games or sims.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Simulators are a category of games, just get over it. Playing games doesn't make you a child. Most of them are not meant for children. That's the misconception that leads to thinking **** like "playing violent games makes violent children" when clearly there's an age indication. If you buy your kid the latest Doom, you're the psychopath.

Aaaand that's completely off topic, so:

Use the latest drivers, unless they cause some issue, in which case use the immediately older version.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I also agree with JAFO. I find a driver that works well, then stick with that one. If there is a problem, I'd try new drivers, but new drivers tend to add support for new cards and new games, rarely do they seem to have a real benefit for older cards or old games and sims, but may introduce problems with old games or sims.
    The problem is when you have many flight sims or other newer software AND the older stuff (FSX) and need it all to play nice with the GPU driver...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0