Prop Spin direction question

Thread: Prop Spin direction question

Question Prop Spin direction question

Hello!

I have a question: On some aircraft the propellers appear to be turning even with the engines shut down.
    When I use a different airfile in the same, otherwise unchanged aircraft, the props show correctly.
    Can someone explain to me, what to change in the airfile to fix this?

Thanks,
    skylane

I've seen this. Mostly when I try to import the engine data from a CFS1 aircraft. It has something to do with 508 or 509 in Airedit.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Wink Shessi suggested the right solution!

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Hello!

I have a question: On some aircraft the propellers appear to be turning even with the engines shut down.
    When I use a different airfile in the same, otherwise unchanged aircraft, the props show correctly.
    Can someone explain to me, what to change in the airfile to fix this?

Thanks,
    skylane
    Hi Skylane,

I had the same trouble a while ago with a Malinowski's P-40F model which had a propeller turning in the opposite direction when sitting on the ground with her engine off. Shessi kindly provided me with a perfect solution. Let me quote him:

"....It seems that it is entry 509 in the airfile > Engine/TurboProp Shaft Torque Loss [Per Cylinder] <, you have to reduce it.

If you find and airfile with a 509 entry with a linear X, Y graph then this should do it, either replace it with that one or alter it yourself with something like AirWrench etc. It seems to work, give it a go."

In fact, replacing a jagged 509 entry X, Y graph entry with a linear X, Y graph, always worked for me when I encountered such an annoying animation problem ever since.

I hope it will help you as well.

Happy New Year!
    KH :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

It works! Thank you, Kelti!

Another valuable piece of information to save!

Kelti,

In my AIR file(s) 509 is Prop Pitch Setting. However, the fix works the same. Thanks for the info!!

Prop Spin

I'm having trouble with certain AC props stopping, then spinning in the opposite direction non stop after shut down. I'm pretty sure it is an entry in the AIR file but no clue which. Anyone have any ideas?

Try this.

See if this is what you are looking for ......

Thanks Worthless, that fixed it. Worst thing is that in 2012 I was the last to reply to that thread...I always said getting old sucks LOL But I should amend that, getting old was fun...being old sucks!

Icon22 Reply...

Good morning,

I'm glad I remembered someone else asked this question, because I had to fix one of the aircraft for the Battle of France.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 1