DouglasC-47R-V3.14 BETA

Thread: DouglasC-47R-V3.14 BETA

DouglasC-47R-V3.14 BETA

Need help please,

I had to re-install FSX due to problem with Win 10, well installation FSX is ok but having issue with the C-47 3,14 Beta, but when starting FSX get an error “ Aircraft initialisation failure Douglas C-47V3 “ can some one advise please

Joop

Have you tried to start FSX with the standard start situation, or with an FSX stock aircraft?
    Make sure you can access the free flight selection window, select a stock aircraft. If FSX works fine, then I guess there could be an issue with the C-47 itself.
    If you have saved your own start situation with the C-47, and marked it as default situation, and if something is wrong with the aircraft, guess this type of message might be the consequence. You could try to locate that "homebuilt" start situation, and delete it.
    Blue skies
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Gooneybird565 View Post
    If FSX works fine, then I guess there could be an issue with the C-47 itself.
    If you have saved your own start situation with the C-47, and marked it as default situation, and if something is wrong with the aircraft, guess this type of message might be the consequence. You could try to locate that "homebuilt" start situation, and delete it.
    Blue skies
    To delete your "default flight" and start over with the trike at Friday Harbor, look in your FSX.cfg and delete the wording after SITUATION=

[USERINTERFACE]
    PageID=1
    OpenATCOnCreate=0
    SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1
    PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
    PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
    SITUATION=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Default flight at KSNA
    Map_Orientation=2
    ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
    SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
    SelectAircraftPublisher=All
    SelectAircraftType=All
    DisplayFuelAsWeight=1
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

C-47R_v.3.14

Thank you for the advise Gooneyb.

Have done what you are suggesting, the problem is I don’t see the C47 in aircrafts when stating-up FSX, all-though it is installed in Simobjects-Airplane, I hope you can understand what I am saying, can’t choose the C47 from aircrafts. I have followed the installation instruction, amf I had it installed before problems started, but somehow I’m missing something??

Joop

Make sure you have the proper panel folder installed and the panel= in the [fltsim.0] through [fltsim.2] are correct. Also make sure the model= is correct.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

When I see that error it's usuall the panel or even air file. FSX is trying to load it and something is missing. Simply bypass all that by deleting the folder fro, airplanes folder, download the fresh file and install it again.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar0633 View Post
    When I see that error it's usuall the panel or even air file. FSX is trying to load it and something is missing. Simply bypass all that by deleting the folder fro, airplanes folder, download the fresh file and install it again.
    Also, wasn't it needed to changle older liveries to steer the cfg to the newest version model file or something? Check to see that the cfg is loading the proper model file. You may be tring to load a version 12 paint in to version 14.

V3.14

My Dear friends,

I have tried all your advise, but no success, I have the 3.12 also installed now, have no problem with it, flying very good. I think I’m going to stick to this aircraft for time being, because the 3.14 is getting to be a pain in the bud.

Thank you all for your advise.

Joop

Hi Joop,
    do you read for each of repaint in your aircraft.cfg this: sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5?
    Although this is V3.14, the airfile is v1.5.
    Hope this helps!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Yes Steph, I’s exactly the same , I think I found the problem, there were 3 CFG files that were suspicious.

CFG-C47 Pedals, CFG-C47 Default, and just CFG, I deleted CFG pedals and default and bingo the D... thing worked.

Iwould like to thank everybody that did try to help.

Thak you all.

Joop

Good to hear you sort this out Joop!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Members who have read this thread: 0