Lost repaint for default DC-3

Thread: Lost repaint for default DC-3

Lost repaint for default DC-3

Greetings,
    Getting back into FS but I have lost a old repaint for the default DC3 - L ‘Air Azue - does anyone have an idea where I could fine it. Thanks in advance.
    Ed

Hi Ed,
    Not come across what you were looking for !...but ....douglas_c-47_ram.zip

FS2004 Royal Air Maroc Douglas C-47, c/n 10073. Delivered to USAF as 42-24211. Flown in the invasion of Sicily in July 1943 and mainland Italy in September 1943. In June 1944 flown in D-Day to drop the 508 Parachute Infantry Regiment. To Algerienne De Transports Aeriens in 1948 as F-BEFA then to to Aigle Azur. To Societe Air Atlas in 1951 then to Royal Air Maroc as CN-CCL in 1957. Sold to Moroccan AF as 20669 in 1968. In 1978 to Visionair International as N54607. To Keenair in 1989 as G-BPMP, then to Cherkley Aviation Ltd in 1992, later to Air Atlantique. Reduced to spares in 1997 and nose sold to Luchtvaart Hobby Shop. Prior installation of Manfred Jahn's FS2004 Douglas C-47 Base Pack is required (C-47_BASEPACK_FS9.ZIP). Repaint by Andre Reimers.

....this is Manfred Jahn's base C-47 from FlightSim in Royal Air Maroc colours and may do until the real one comes along..

Andy.

And there is a Stratoliner from Jens in Aigle Azur colours b307_aaz.zip but you will need the base model as well

Ed,

Was that done by Joáo Paz of Alaska Winds?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yes Sir. It was a VA "L'Air Azure" in Europe, I believe. I have a Repaint for the Buckner but not for the DC-3.....sigh.
    Thanks for looking.
    Ed

Ed, I have searched high and low for this repaint. I know which one you mean and I'm pretty sure I had it installed in the past. However I have not been able to find it and it isn't on one of my back-up disks.

I was pretty sure I had it from Flightsim.com or simviation, but no luck over there. It could also have been at DC3Airways, but I don't think that site is still working.

Sorry,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by edmoore235 View Post
    Yes Sir. It was a VA "L'Air Azure" in Europe, I believe. I have a Repaint for the Buckner but not for the DC-3.....sigh.
    Thanks for looking.
    Ed
    That is correct. Joáo named the airline after his wife's website I believe.

The liveries were beautiful. I had a livery for one aircraft, forget which now, but I went back searching for it to no avail.

Sorry Ed.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I know I had it, but it's not in my current FS9 or GW3 installs. Might be on a portable HD, I've got around here somewheres.

Couldn't find it here. It's a shame as it was a very nice livery.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Icon9

Hi,

Methink it was from this defunct VA site
    Code:
    http://lairazur.romanesca.com
    And the the machine give ......
    Code:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20040209001604/http://lairazur.romanesca.com

Thanks but no joy. Link does not work. Typed it in and still nothing.....sigh. Again,
    thank you for your efforts. NOTE: Did get Lairazur up on the wayback site, but
    no aircraft repaints. It was a neat web site. Visited 2008. Big thanks to all.
    Another lost classic repaint.....that is the thing about electronic bits....smile!
    Ed
    Last edited by edmoore235; March 14th, 2018 at 19:13.

Woo Hoo!! Found it!!😀😄😃

Well, followed a hunch, found a very old but working computer and
    found an old FS2004 backup of aircraft circa 2006! Found it and my
    old Douglas DC-3 folder with 344 repaints! Great fun and will import
    a select few into my FSX aircraft folder as well. So both setups get better.

Thanks to all for your help and goodwill. Now go fly.
    Ed

That's good news Ed. Enjoy the repaint, because that is why it was made.

Cheers,
    Huub

The capper for this threaad

Here is the CAPPER for my question:

plus I found this one too!

Again, thanks to all!! Now, go fly.....

Ed Moore
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-apr-14-002.jpg   -2018-apr-14-003.jpg   -2018-apr-14-001.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0