Hms invencible r05 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hms invencible r05

Will there be a Falklands fit? I know it was short, but it was important.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Will there be a Falklands fit? I know it was short, but it was important.
    I think so, after test this version

Thank you. I know someone was working on a Hermes. Did it ever get released?

5 minutes later: oh dear - it must have been. I have just discovered a post from me from December 2013 mentioning it and including my AICarriers file using it! Someone please tell me I am not the only one to suffer such lapses.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

80's model

This is the model for the 80´s of the ship, i think will be ready this weekend and both will be ready for tests

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg  

Great work, nice spot lighting..!

Test

I need help for the tests, some interested? send me a message

* the only recurring problem that I still can not solve is with the mobile platforms of the elevators in fsx fail in some cases

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    * the only recurring problem that I still can not solve is with the mobile platforms of the elevators in fsx fail in some cases
    If the scale of the elevator animation and platforms are reset to 1.0000, this should be resolved.

models sent to those who wrote me, thanks for the help

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

The Invincible rules the sea...

Hello CIMOGT,

a big "Thank you" for your creations... I l like them...

Greetings

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-3-24_18-0-55-755.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    The other one was "Hermesetas: Dissolves in Hot Water" as Hermes (having taken over the Task Force Flag) was withdrawn from the threat of air attack most of the time, leaving Invincible as the forward deployed carrier.

Have you read Sharkey Ward's "Sea Harrier over the Falklands"?

I've only been on Illustrious once, at a Plymouth Navy Day. Seen Invisible from a distance, so her nickname clearly wasn't accurate.

It'll be really good to have a rendition of the class in the sim again.

Cheers,

Ian P.
    Tha late DaveB could have filled you in on a few more surreptitious nicknames... HMS Glamorgan was Glamorous Organ for a while..

Ttfn

Pete

Hi CIMOGT is Any chance that you could please send me a PM to dowload,and test your HMS Invincible? this looks to be a great model.Thanks Pete S

Me too please
    Cheers Chris

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Additional screenshots

Hello CIMOGT,

in addition to my tests and message here a two screenshots for doing corrections if you like...

1. radar and containers

2. stern wash

Greetings

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-3-24_17-58-36-575.jpg   2018-3-24_17-58-36-575.jpg   2018-3-24_17-59-29-355.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Tha late DaveB could have filled you in on a few more surreptitious nicknames... HMS Glamorgan was Glamorous Organ for a while..

Ttfn

Pete
    He certainly would.
    I know a few;
    (All HMS)
    Agincourt - Gin Palace
    Ark Royal - The Ark/ Arse Boil
    Brilliant - Not So
    Courageous - Outrageous
    Cumberland - The Fighting Snorker (sausage)
    Hotspur - Tottenham
    Iron Duke - The Tin Duck
    London - The Smoke
    Manchester - The Manky Twat
    Queen Elizabeth - Big Lizzie
    Warspite - Old Lady
    Illustrious - Lusty
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

On the subject of the Invincible class...

Sea Harrier options:

UKMIL FRS.1 & FA.2
    Wilco FRS.1
    John Young FRS.1, FA.2 & T.8 - All AI but I assume with some adjustments could be made flyable?

The UKMIL models are really showing their age and the VC's are somewhat lacking, the Wilco offering substitutes an FRS.1 cockpit for a GR.3's and obviously being AI models John Young's wont come with a pit.

Anyone aware of any other options?

Looks good so far Walter
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Invincible Test

Hi CIMOGT,

I´ve tested the "second" Invincible - no surprises - everything works very well with the exception of the sinking airplanes in the elevator area..
    First the animation menu seems not to work - ...because aicarriers loaded under the same name another Invincible stored on my hard disk...

Many thanks again for your beautiful ships - I am looking forward to the final versions.

My impressions...

Greetings RS

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    On the subject of the Invincible class...

Sea Harrier options:

UKMIL FRS.1 & FA.2
    Wilco FRS.1
    John Young FRS.1, FA.2 & T.8 - All AI but I assume with some adjustments could be made flyable?

The UKMIL models are really showing their age and the VC's are somewhat lacking, the Wilco offering substitutes an FRS.1 cockpit for a GR.3's and obviously being AI models John Young's wont come with a pit.

Anyone aware of any other options?

Looks good so far Walter
    There's an FSX update for the AP Design FA2/T8, available at both Simviation and Flightsim, by Bob Chicilo.

John Young's AI Harriers aren't suitable for user operations at all.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    There's an FSX update for the AP Design FA2/T8, available at both Simviation and Flightsim, by Bob Chicilo.

John Young's AI Harriers aren't suitable for user operations at all.

Dave
    The AP FA2/T8's and the UKMIL birds are as I understand one and the same. They look ok externally but the VC's are pretty poor. Theres a few RN repaints for the Razbam AV-8B+, will use that as a stand in for the FA.2, short of doing it myself I can't see anew one materialising.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I flew the Razbam for a while but really, for VTOL it flies like it's a house brick.

I opted for the SSW AV-8B and did a repaint.

Mind you - it's glitchy as hell and will CTD (memory mis-magement I think) - and it's over £30 quid - the Razbam is a tenner.

LATER;

Just flown both tonight. The Razbam was great - beautiful sounds, great for STOL work, landed it on QE. The SSW 'glitched' after 2 minutes then crashed the sim after 4 (no change there then! - rolls eyes)

I think the Razbam is a case of "better the devil you know" and have a standing chance of completing the Sortie as suppose to the obstreperous SSW Harrier - which I wouldn't trust to light my pre-flight cigarette from a nozzle without crashing the sim.
    Last edited by Ganter; April 8th, 2018 at 11:46.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Yeah, I picked up the AV-8B and GR.7/9 during a Christmas sale a couple of years back for £5 each... bit of a bargain. Can't say I've had any issues with them either. Having already picked up both Razbam offerings I can't really justify the SSW model.

Tried to apply Dino's T-45 pit to the UKMIL FA.2 a few months back but couldn't get it to work, assuming its not a full native conversion. Guess I'll have to live with Razbam's Shar "FA.3"...

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    If the scale of the elevator animation and platforms are reset to 1.0000, this should be resolved.
    Tried this MCX - doesn't work unfortunately.
    Can anyone help with this - very frustrating having to avoid the deck elevators or get a soaking!!
    Last edited by Ganter; April 9th, 2018 at 08:56.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Tried this MCX - doesn't work unfortunately.
    Can anyone help with this - very frustrating having to avoid the deck elevators or get a soaking!!
    It is sometimes possible to resolve this using a recent version of ModelConverterX, usually with difficulty.

If CIMOGT wishes, I'm happy to have a quick go at sorting this. Please send me the model.

It is sometimes possible to resolve this using a recent version of ModelConverterX, usually with difficulty.

If CIMOGT wishes, I'm happy to have a quick go at sorting this. Please send me the model.
    That would be great.

Yes, of course - it's CIMOGT's shout.
    Jim

Spoken to CIMOGT - check your PM's mate.
    Jim

Members who have read this thread: 4