Hms invencible r05
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hms invencible r05

Hms invencible r05

This is the first test of the model, pending all light and the control panel gauge, maybe change some textures

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails invencible2.jpg   invencible6.jpg   invencible8.jpg   invencible7.jpg  

Nice! Seen her in person many moons ago as she came to port in our city. Took these on my old 35mm that day. These photos are scanned from printed photos:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Nice! Seen her in person many moons ago as she came to port in our city. Took these on my old 35mm that day. These photos are scanned from printed photos:
    nice pics thanks for sharing

Testing animations

testing some of the animation of the ship
    https://youtu.be/Js8z-j-tiO0

Great looking ship Walter,nice job.

Very nice! Minor observation in the first shot the superstructure looks too tall, or maybe the hull is too far down in the water? Annoyingly I don't think I kept any deck plans from when I was on her.

Saw her regularly on the Clyde whenever she put in to Faslane/Coulport, also got to go aboard twice, looking forward to this one
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Very nice! Minor observation in the first shot the superstructure looks too tall, or maybe the hull is too far down in the water? Annoyingly I don't think I kept any deck plans from when I was on her.
    I use this for the line and size of her
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R05-HMS-Invincible-038.jpg  

Now then matey Skippy is indeed correct - the superstructure on and around the bridge, flyco and admirals bridge just looks a little bit too tall as if it's been stretched slightly...I think the proportions of bridge height against the funnels is correct but the funnels themselves look a bit too tall which is probably affecting your proportions.

I spent nearly a year modelling Invincible, illustrious (and then remodelling) Ark Royal so I know how hard it can be to get the dimensions right...so I commend your work!

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Now then matey Skippy is indeed correct - the superstructure on and around the bridge, flyco and admirals bridge just looks a little bit too tall as if it's been stretched slightly...I think the proportions of bridge height against the funnels is correct but the funnels themselves look a bit too tall which is probably affecting your proportions.

I spent nearly a year modelling Invincible, illustrious (and then remodelling) Ark Royal so I know how hard it can be to get the dimensions right...so I commend your work!

Gaz
    thank you, it is difficult without accurate information, many photos from different times, but there are not many detailed diagrams of the changes and added to the little experience in modeling

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post

Gaz
    I correct the proportions , left is the new one

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Great looking ship Walter,nice job.
    thanks, still in progress

Nice model😀 The illustrations from Shipbucket unfortunately vary a lot in quality and accuracy. If I have no other option than using a shipbucket drawing I usually make an overlay with a real photo taken at an angel as close as possible to 90 degress to check dimensions. It is not as good as a real GA plan but it does save you from some mayor setbacks when you realize that the illustration was wrongly dimensioned... eg the type 45 I am working on now the illustration was 10 % too wide. Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    I correct the proportions , left is the new one

That looks much more like it! Good work!

Testing elevator animation

Testing of the elevator animation in the HMS INVENCIBLE

https://youtu.be/j6rc2Rx3AxA

Hi
    I must correct you on the name of the ship.She is HMS Invincible.

Invincible means unbeatable.

The Falklands war HMS Invincible and HMS Hermes served with the fleet.

They were affectionately known by the troops that served in that action as the invisible and the herpes.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi
    I must correct you on the name of the ship.She is HMS Invincible.

Invincible means unbeatable.

The Falklands war HMS Invincible and HMS Hermes served with the fleet.

They were affectionately known by the troops that served in that action as the invisible and the herpes.

Cheers Chris
    The name is written in Spanish, since I'm doing it for a group that speaks it, and don't make the change

That looks much more like it! Good work!
    Agree with Skippy - Height looks accurate now - looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi
    With all I've read on that particular conflict I can't believe I've never heard this before
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Panel

Testing a panel for the lights, elevator and air wing

Control Panel

Very good work with the control panel...

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    With all I've read on that particular conflict I can't believe I've never heard this before
    The other one was "Hermesetas: Dissolves in Hot Water" as Hermes (having taken over the Task Force Flag) was withdrawn from the threat of air attack most of the time, leaving Invincible as the forward deployed carrier.

Have you read Sharkey Ward's "Sea Harrier over the Falklands"?

I've only been on Illustrious once, at a Plymouth Navy Day. Seen Invisible from a distance, so her nickname clearly wasn't accurate.

It'll be really good to have a rendition of the class in the sim again.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Yeah read it a few years back, currently loaning it to my barber. About to start on "Hostile Skies" by David Morgan, have heard it gives a more balanced view of things... Ward kinda goes off the deep end a few times.

Air wing

added air wing, Harrier GR 9 and SEA KING

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   invencible1.jpg   invencible2.jpg   invencible3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 4