Released: Just Flight C152
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Released: Just Flight C152

Released: Just Flight C152

-Mark

Looks really nice!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

it has an interesting price tag...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    it has an interesting price tag...
    We've adopted a standard price-point for our study-sim GA aircraft, going back to our first in-house release in that 'genre' (the TB10/TB20). We feel it reflects the quality and functionality offered by the product, and if you compare it to other study-sim (and even non study-sim) GA which is available for both FSX and P3D v1-v4 in a single installer then hopefully you'll agree that it's fair.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    We've adopted a standard price-point for our study-sim GA aircraft, going back to our first in-house release in that 'genre' (the TB10/TB20). We feel it reflects the quality and functionality offered by the product, and if you compare it to other study-sim (and even non study-sim) GA which is available for both FSX and P3D v1-v4 in a single installer then hopefully you'll agree that it's fair.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Sorry - I seem to have missed that about it being a 'study-sim' in the description...my mistake - so it can be used as a real world training aid? Maybe you could make that information more prominent is your 'detailed description' on the product page?
    enter..the Sandman

It DOES look very nice in the screenshots - has anyone installed it and how is it performance wise 'in the wild' as it were..?
    enter..the Sandman

Let's try this again. First attempt got stepped on when the site went down a while ago.

So I'll be first. This probably won't be as good as my first try.

I like it. Visually it's very nice. The flight model is pretty good to this guy that learned to fly in C150's a long time ago with a little 152 time. I do like the way it feels. The only issue I see visually is that the airspeed indicator doesn't quit fit the panel. One caution: The left door opens with Shift F2, I opened it in flight. I couldn't get it to close while airborne but took care of it after a quick farm field landing. I think I was seeing the left side drag during that little fiasco.

I'll give it a B. I do expect a service pack after a few more of us chime it but I can live with it as is.

Glenn

Can you clarify what you mean by the ASI not fitting? If you mean physically, then as can be seen in the screenshots, it sits correctly on the panel. If you mean in the sense of it not being well suited to the aircraft then please note that this is an exact replica of a real C152 (that I fly), including all the gauges.

I'll look into the door issue but they are assigned to open with the standard shift+e assignment and I've not seen other reports of door issues yet

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Will there be a "Demo" version to try out Martyn?

I’ve never known a door open with Shift+F2!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Will there be a "Demo" version to try out Martyn?
    Yes, I'm hoping to get the demo version sorted within the next few days.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Cant say I’ve ever seen any of that linked to shift+F keys either
    enter..the Sandman

Martin,

i can see daylight on the bottom left of the ASI. it’s minor, slightly distracting.

Glenn

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    A study sim? A lot to study on a Cessna trainer for $42.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    A study sim? A lot to study on a Cessna trainer for $42.
    It has at least six switches and an electrical system

Study-sim is of course a subjective term but appears to have become a byword for a fully-functional aircraft which includes a variety of features which push it beyond some other aircraft in the market - e.g. dimmable lighting, simulated circuit breakers, engine management (priming, spark plug fouling etc), custom sounds for controls, vibration effects, wind noise if you leave a window open, instrument needle 'wobbles', interactive checklists, panel states, Flight1 GTN/GNS integration etc etc...

I'll avoid getting bogged down in posting comparisons with other GA aircraft of a similar or greater price point (with a similar level of complexity/functionality) but I think it's true to say that we have a reputation for fair pricing which reflects the work that was put into a product.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

i can see daylight on the bottom left of the ASI. it’s minor, slightly distracting.
    Thanks Glenn. It should be a quick fix if I can reproduce that.

Martyn
    Martyn

Yes, I'm hoping to get the demo version sorted within the next few days.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Thank you Martyn. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Didn't quite escape.
    I don't have it (yet), but can I make a strong suggestion for a future service pack, Martyn? I've flown at least a dozen C152s over time and only one of them had "dial" radio gauges - all the rest were fitted with LED/LCD Bendix King radios, of the same functionality as the default C172SP (exact models have varied, but they all seem to do the same thing!)

To me, at least, it would be a major selling point to have a slightly more modern radio stack that fits between the rotary dial gauges and the modern GPS retrofits.

Please at least consider it.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately it's a bit 'late in the day' for such significant changes to the model/code. We'll certainly look into the feasibility of offering slightly more modern avionics from some of our past GA aircraft but it's not a quick job.

For our in-house aircraft we have a policy of modelling them 100% on a selected real-world aircraft. This ensures that we end up with a very realistic product with all of the character of the real thing, and helps considerably with the development process as, particularly with GA and military, there are a million different avionics fits which people might request. The C152 is based on an aircraft at my flying club and is representative of the three C152s that we have at the club - none of those have remotely modern avionics as they are cheap and cheerful training aircraft. In fact they don't even have functioning transponders anymore - but we thought that level of realism would be a step too far!

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Martyn,

Couple of things: the 150’s I learned on as a student, mid 1960’s, had Narco radios as I remember them, very similar to yours. At least one of them had only 6 transmit crystals that had to be changed if you needed something other than the six you had loaded. Fun. We had two 150s and an old straight back 172. Later, we bought a new 172 with King radios that felt like a limo.

About the keys for things like the door: I played with them a little last night. I have a Logitech gaming keyboard. I have shift-1 thru 9 programmed on the G keys, not Shift-Fx. For whatever reason, those assignments got wiped out about the time of my first 150 flight. That’s what was behind my comment the other day. I don’t know if it was related to the 150. In any case, I rebuilt the assignments last night It seems to be holding, I’m finding things on those keys I didnt see the other day. Still testing.

Glenn

Didn't quite escape.
    Hi Ian,

Unfortunately it's a bit 'late in the day' for such significant changes to the model/code. We'll certainly look into the feasibility of offering slightly more modern avionics from some of our past GA aircraft but it's not a quick job.

For our in-house aircraft we have a policy of modelling them 100% on a selected real-world aircraft. This ensures that we end up with a very realistic product with all of the character of the real thing, and helps considerably with the development process as, particularly with GA and military, there are a million different avionics fits which people might request. The C152 is based on an aircraft at my flying club and is representative of the three C152s that we have at the club - none of those have remotely modern avionics as they are cheap and cheerful training aircraft. In fact they don't even have functioning transponders anymore - but we thought that level of realism would be a step too far!

Thanks
    Martyn
    If I'd known you were doing it earlier, I'd have asked earlier!

I agree entirely that pretty much every C152 and C152 II is different - indeed I suspect that may be the case here, because pretty much every one I have flown over the years (with the obvious exception of an FA-152 and a F-152) appear to have been C152 IIs, built around the 1980 mark... That might explain the different default avionics fit, perhaps?

The FA-152 (lovingly known as "Apple Dumpling" by one particular FISO) had a very similar panel fit to that in yours, it appears. The F-152 was very similar to the C-152 IIs, but it said "Reims" in all the places you'd expect it to say "Cessna" and there was no "II" anywhere.

I'm slightly astonished that you're allowed to operate a GA aircraft in the Southern UK without a transponder, though - we were being yelled at repeatedly to install Mode S up here in Middle England, the last time I knew what was going on, let alone have functional TXPR+Altitude Reporting!

I'll accept the answer that it's modelled on a specific aircraft and shut up about it now.

Cheers,

Ian P.
    Last edited by IanP; March 13th, 2018 at 13:03. Reason: Anyone know what speicfic means?

Any thoughts on a Texas Taildragger STOL and/or Aerobat version? Always thought they were nifty little ships. I have Didier Lagaffe's iteration - which I enjoy thoroughly - but I always like seeing other folk's take on them as well...

N.

How is the "Demo" coming along Martyn...?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Any thoughts on a Texas Taildragger STOL and/or Aerobat version? Always thought they were nifty little ships. I have Didier Lagaffe's iteration - which I enjoy thoroughly - but I always like seeing other folk's take on them as well...

N.
    We're looking into those options but nothing has been confirmed just yet.

Martyn
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    How is the "Demo" coming along Martyn...?
    We're currently working through the feedback that we've received since release and will then get the demo sorted.

Martyn
    Martyn

Members who have read this thread: 0