Gunsight Reflection

Thread: Gunsight Reflection

Gunsight Reflection

I am not sure what caused this, but some of my gunsights are now giving me a blurred reflection of the ground instead of being transparent. I recently installed files from NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0-ETO but I have installed other things before this and I am not sure when this problem started. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ju88 cockpit.jpg  

I would start by looking in the cockpit m3d to see what dds file it's looking for to display the reticle. Then I would search for it to see if it's missing, corrupted, or duplicated.

Which aircraft is this?

Are you using AnKor's shaders?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I would start by looking in the cockpit m3d to see what dds file it's looking for to display the reticle. Then I would search for it to see if it's missing, corrupted, or duplicated.

Which aircraft is this?

Are you using AnKor's shaders?
    Hello and thanks for the reply.
    It appears that it is occurring only with the Revi gunsight, the Ju88C and later Bf110 models.
    I am not using AnKor's shaders. I AM however using the shaders.xml file from the NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0 -ETO download. I swapped back in the original ETO version of the shaders.xml file and the gunsight now looks fine and normal.
    So, it seems that it is some incompatibility between that specific shaders.xml file and the Revi gunsight.

Since I prefer the night effect with the NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0 -ETO shaders when using the nightfighters with the Revi gunsight I am now wondering if there is some way to use both.

If you want dark, see this thread! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...and-grey-scale

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

You could go through both shaders.xml files section by section, and find the settings that are different. Perhaps just changing one setting would fix the sights, and leave the rest as you like it.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Thanks.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    You could go through both shaders.xml files section by section, and find the settings that are different. Perhaps just changing one setting would fix the sights, and leave the rest as you like it.
    Winmerge will find the differences between the two shaders files in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Winmerge will find the differences between the two shaders files in a flash.
    That is very helpful. Thank you.

Members who have read this thread: 1