McDonnell XP-67 FSX ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McDonnell XP-67 FSX ?

McDonnell XP-67 FSX ?

Is there any McDonnell XP-67 FSX? I downloaded one from Kazunori Ito modified by Michael Pook, but from error in prop

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Unfortunately an FSX Conversion goes against the developers wishes. I do wish someone had picked up on this beauty a long time ago. I've done hi-res liveries for it and love flying it but it's not usable beyond FSX and that's a shame.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

My Fictional Variants:

Current System Specs:

very beautiful, congratulations Is it available somewhere?

I changed the material of the helix spin, but it did not improve much

also converts to the program that I used to develop aircrafts, and I think I can fix it, and put up a functional VC

Correct me, if you will.

Excellent. A functional VC would be an excellent addition. The Spinner looks much better too. I'll zip up the liveries and post a download link.

Current System Specs:

Here is a download link for the liveries shown above.
    https://app.box.com/s/9r5d6nkdrpeizud8u35dcqlr24w1jope

Current System Specs:

[QUOTE = falcon409; 1130959] Aqui está um link de download para as libações mostradas acima.
    https://app.box.com/s/9r5d6nkdrpeizud8u35dcqlr24w1jope [/ QUOTE]

tanks
    Correct me, if you will.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    My Fictional Variants:

Awe Jeeez Falcon. Those are incredible.. Thank you for showning them too us..
    But yeah. No ones ever done the bat besides Ito-san. I had always wished someone would, but it's a fickle community where if one person makes something, no one else will, unless its an F-18 B-17, P-51 or similar.. I would absolutely love taking this thing for a spin, if it were a faithful representation of its flight characteristics..

Oop's, forgot the original:

Current System Specs:

Mario,
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me! It looks like you fixed that transparent gap between the spinner and prop. Could you upload your fix here on the forum like Falcon did for his outstanding textures? Thanks Robert

SOH-CM-2024
    Howdy, folks... sorry I'm late...

First, thanks for posting those neat skins, Ed! This is one of Ito's creations that I did some work on... real life, however, has been slapping me around quite a bit, so it's one of a number of projects that I 'would get to if I had more time'... However, I did manage to put together aircraft.cfg and .air files for it, based on the powerplants that it was supposed to have in the first place... I was in the process of trying to put proper gauges in the panel when I ran out of time. I also intended to paint it based on an olive drab livery I saw online...

Something that will go a long way toward minimizing the prop anomaly seen when you try this plane in FSX is to open the .mdl file in mdlmat, and set the alpha of the prop disc material to 1 or 2- NOT zero (trust me, this has worked for me numerous times- if you set it to zero it may as well be 80!). Doing this, and adding a Banana Bob prop, does wonders! I have done this fix a bunch of times for Ito's aircraft, and others, as recently as A.F.Scrub's Ki-61.

Cheers! -Mike Z.

P.S. I agree that a proper VC for this bird would be a wonderful thing! -M.Z.

FSX - FSX WarbirdsFSX McDonnell XP-67 Updated
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: fsx_mcdonnell_xp67.zip
    Size: 6,862,034 Date: 12-24-2013 Downloads: 629

FSX McDonnell XP-67 Updated. The McDonnell XP67 was designed in 1944 and made its first test flight the same year. Howeber, the performance proved to be far from satisfactory. When the prototype was extremely damaged by fire, the program was eventually abandoned. The package features FSX compatible gauges, smoke effects and a new basic VC. Original model by Kazunori Ito, updated for FSX by Michael Pook. This is the whole aircraft. By Michael Pook.

Found this at Flightsim in Warbirds section.

T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    Howdy, folks... sorry I'm late...
    Something that will go a long way toward minimizing the prop anomaly seen when you try this plane in FSX is to open the .mdl file in mdlmat, and set the alpha of the prop disc material to 1 or 2- NOT zero (trust me, this has worked for me numerous times- if you set it to zero it may as well be 80!). Doing this, and adding a Banana Bob prop, does wonders!
    Cheers! -Mike Z.

P.S. I agree that a proper VC for this bird would be a wonderful thing! -M.Z.
    How do you figure out which material is for the prop disc?

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2024
    Initially it was a question of trial and error, but what seems to be the convention in Ito's works and others is that the prop disc is usually the last entry of the external (starting with LOD 01) material calls- I guess it may be some sort of hierarchy issue. Someone who has built a few models might be able to make more sense of it. Anyway, I usually start with that last LOD 01 entry- sometimes the giveaway is that it might already be one the few entries that is not set to an alpha value of 255 (opaque) or so... Once you find it, I stress again- don't set the alpha to zero. I know it's counter-intuitive, but, for example, Scrubby's Ki-61 prop disc comes out of the box with a value of zero, and as soon as you fly it in FSX, the prop disc blanks out any autogen trees, etc. and clouds behind it. Change the value to 1 or 2, though, and presto... The same thing holds for most of Ito-San's planes...

-Mike Z.

Great, thanks Mike!

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2024
    My pleasure!

Say, while I'm thinking about it... have you seen any profiles of this aircraft that actually show it in the color that Ito-San originally painted it in? I can't say I have... that's why I considered the olive scheme I saw a few examples of...

-Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    My pleasure!
    Say, while I'm thinking about it... have you seen any profiles of this aircraft that actually show it in the color that Ito-San originally painted it in? I can't say I have... that's why I considered the olive scheme I saw a few examples of...
    -Mike Z.
    Not havin' any luck with the material setting right now. . .I've done 6 so far starting with the last in the LOD 01 entries. . .gonna keep at it. . .it's gotta be one of em', lol

To answer your question, no, I haven't seen any in that tan color. . .actually the only version I've seen is a well worn black or charcoal gray color.

Current System Specs:

I've downloaded mdlmat from Martin Wrights site. When I clicked on the mdl there are 32 material entries. It looks like all of the offsets in alpha are code FF except two. One is 64 the other is 50. Could these be the ones? Then do you use diffuse or ambient or what? It's not real clear about this.

SOH-CM-2024
    Hmmmm... Are you trying to make it work in FSX or P3D? I edited the entry in MdlMat that starts 'LOD 01 22'... I set the diffuse alpha value to 1. Then I added Banana Bob's P-61 prop. Prop discs still show a little funny in front of some clouds, but they don't take the big chunk out of the spinner, or mask off any trees anymore...

@T Square- that plane is the same basic one we're toying with here... What he did to it was update the gauges to replace the obsolete ones and those for turbine engines, edit one bit in the mdl file so you can see inside the cockpit (refer to 'simonu's view hack' somewhere on this site), and change a texture so the panel looks like a VC, then he tweaked the contact points (something you typically have to do for Ito-San's planes)... What he didn't do is the kind of tweaking we're doing here, which will fix most of the prop/spinner trouble for this or most other portovers... He also apparently didn't do much with the flight dynamics, because his config files still call for a turbine engine...

-Mike Z.

Mike you be the man! I edited the offset like you did and that fixed it. Thanks so much for expertise and help. Robert

Also, there are two mdl files in the model folder, but the one for the VC isn't anything more than a second version of the XP-67.mdl file just named differently and since this isn't a native FSX model, I don't see the need for a second mdl file. So which one are you changing the material setting in. . .or does it really make any difference?

Current System Specs:

Falcon I deleted the normal mdl and edited the VC one. Works great.

Got it finally. Thanks!

Current System Specs:

[QUOTE = mcanx; 1131034] Mario,
    meus olhos estão me jogando truques! Parece que você corrigiu essa lacuna transparente entre o spinner e o suporte. Você poderia carregar sua correção aqui no fórum como o Falcon fez por suas excelentes texturas? Obrigado Robert [/ QUOTE]

I'm not good, not

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sbif62h19h8n0dt/model.rar
    Correct me, if you will.

I Isolo his cockpit, I can improve, with some help, photos and tips

warning that I am Brazilian and my English is bad,

Correct me, if you will.

Members who have read this thread: 6