McDonnell XP-67 FSX ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McDonnell XP-67 FSX ?

Currently, the VC is just a static image. There is no VC section in the panel.cfg file and so I'm guessing there are no gauge placeholders to be able to get gauges to show in the VC. I would rather use pop ups to give me a few necessary gauges than to go back to 2D panels, so that's what I'm working on right now. The static VC at least gives me the ability to use TrackIR.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Unhappy

Gents,
    I'm as guilty as the next man, but please don't make this public, as it clearly states in Ito-san's XP-67 README, not to reverse engineer or change anything of the model.

Those of us who do it, may do it privately, but it's best not to show it here at SOH...

Cheers

Shessi

[QUOTE = Shessi; 1131128] Gentes,
    eu sou tão culpado quanto o próximo homem, mas por favor, não faça isso público, como ele indica claramente no leitão XP-67 de Ito-san, para não fazer engenharia reversa ou mudar nada do modelo.

Aqueles de nós que fazem isso, podem fazê-lo em particular, mas é melhor não mostrar isso aqui em SOH ...

Cheers

Shessi [/ QUOTE]

I'm not going to change the model, just add the VC
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

I have sent an e-mail to Kazunori Ito outlining what I/we would like to do to keep his model current, both with repaints and the addition of the VC. I know that Ito Sans eyesight had been failing him, to the point where modeling was not going to be possible for much longer and that was several years ago. His readme for the XP-67 and for that matter, all his readme's state no reverse engineering or conversions and no DXT texture files, basically very simple textures that everyone can use. With due respect to Mr Ito, much has changed in the world of Flight Sim in the last 12 years in regards to both those early requests in his readme. I would wager that "enhanced bmp" textures are quite normal now where they may not have been 12 years ago. I hope my request to him concerning that will change his mind. As for the other request I put to him (enhancing the VC to allow for placement of working gauges and avionics), time will tell. His original request I feel was to remove the possibility for his airplane to be manipulated for use in Combat Sims (something he was and probably still is, passionately against). I assured him that was not the intent, just simply to make it usable from the VC, something he could not do 12 years ago, but more recent releases by him show that his (or more likely someone assisting him) VC's had become much more functional. Again, we shall see.

With failing health and no new releases, I may not hear from him at all. That would be unfortunate as he is/was a prolific aircraft designer who gave the community a wealth of aircraft types to enjoy. I'll let everyone know what I hear. . .if anything. In the mean time, I would suggest that any additional progress not be posted until an answer is at hand. Thanks!

Current System Specs:

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm. 'Updates to earlier version softwear to restore or add functionality...' By the letter of the law, running it through Hex editor or MCX isn't decompiling. The file always stays in MDL format, the material and animation definitions are changed. There is also an artistic conservation principle.
    Should not great works of art be conserved? Yes, I put the products of the FS community into the category of 'works of art'. Taking freeware and selling it, or selling access is the line that must not be crossed.
    So, I'll take the heat...
    This is one that's been sitting in limbo for a while, waiting for props, ambition and skins. Falcon's got skins. I'll tidy up the MDL X version, U/L it to drive and link it back. It's not a big deal to slide a VC$panel poly into the interior for a functioning but basic VC.

Icon5

Oi Mario,
    Eu entendo o que você está fazendo, mas o VC faz parte do modelo (mdl), então você estará mudando o modelo. Como eu disse, eu faço isso, mas não publicamente.

F,
    I used to email and do various projects with Kazunori (that doesn't make me the keeper of his work!), and as you say his eyesight must have failed him by now. The last time I had an email from him was 3 odd years ago, and no reply from several sent to him, so don't hold your breath.......

L,
    I could spend the rest of my life updating, 'improving', modifying Ito-sans work. The XP-67 is just one of several hundred models that could be so modified. Altering/adding to the original mdl IS reverse engineering/changing the model (as for 'conservation of art' would adding the missing arms on the Venus de Milo be acceptable?) It's not about 'you' taking any heat, it's about how it looks at the SOH. Just stop doing something that he has asked not be done, publicly, no one can stop you doing it privately....

Cheers

Shessi

I understand, thank you
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Falcon,
    I used to email and do various projects with Kazunori (that doesn't make me the keeper of his work!), and as you say his eyesight must have failed him by now. The last time I had an email from him was 3 odd years ago, and no reply from several sent to him, so don't hold your breath.......
    I thought it was worth a try. . .reaching out to him to allow him to either reiterate his original desires or possibly see that we are simply adding something (VC) that he also had in many of his later models. Maybe he'll answer and maybe he won't. We'll see.

Lazarus,
    I could spend the rest of my life updating, 'improving', modifying Ito-sans work. The XP-67 is just one of several hundred models that could be so modified. Altering/adding to the original mdl IS reverse engineering/changing the model. . . . . . . . . . . . . Just stop doing something that he has asked not be done, publicly, no one can stop you doing it privately....
    Cheers,
    Shessi
    . . .and that is how we will proceed.

Current System Specs:

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Shessi

I find this very strange. Erwin Welker,Michael Pook,Bob Chicolo have modified hundreds of aircraft including Itos. So what gives. just wondering.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Okay, you got it.

I think this has run it's course and so I would request that someone in Admin close this thread to further posts.

Current System Specs:

I am checking on the closing of some else s thread. In the meantime I am closing at Ed's request. It will open again if this is not appropriate.

Mario confirmed to keep the message closed.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 6