Lanvaster +clight gauges in ETO and TOW lancs

Thread: Lanvaster +clight gauges in ETO and TOW lancs

Lanvaster +clight gauges in ETO and TOW lancs

I have an unsolved issue with the mph gauge in the b_gauges_1 dds.

There are in fact 2 different versions of b_gauges_1, and the mph gauge, in different locations in the shared folder, but that is not the real issue here.

The issue is that there are also 2 versions of the b_gauges_1+clight. Now I have changed the name of all the version that doesn't go with the Lanc b_gauges_1 to b_gauges_1+clightNO. That means the ONLY version left is b_gauges_1+clight which fits the lanc b_gauges_1 version.

And yet the wrong version still comes up! I have also looked into the m3d ETO_Lan_*_Cockpit0/m3d all of which call for the same b_gauges_1.dds.

I don't know why having renamed a clight.dds it ids still being called for?

The one I want!

I renamed to b_gauges_1+clightNO

Just in case I renamed all these similar files to ACC_b_gauges_1.+clightNO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b_gauges_1.+clight.jpg   b_gauges_1.+clightNO.jpg  

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

CFS3 is annoyingly good at finding files with the same name lurking anywhere in your install. I'm usually surprised at all the duplicates when I do a Windows file search at the top level of the game directory.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

OK I took out all the clights and just put the lanc ones, inc. the b_gauges_1.+clight.dds that fits, plus the uv light. That did the trick! However I suppose the only solution for aircraft which use the other b_gauges_1.+clight.dds version is that one or the other will have to be renamed and all the relevant m3d entries changed.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

well.....

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    OK I took out all the clights and just put the lanc ones, inc. the b_gauges_1.+clight.dds that fits, plus the uv light. That did the trick! However I suppose the only solution for aircraft which use the other b_gauges_1.+clight.dds version is that one or the other will have to be renamed and all the relevant m3d entries changed.
    Hex edit the m3d files to change the names of the dds files and then rename the files accordingly. I'll play with this later next week.

Members who have read this thread: 0