Guy Martins Spitfire

Thread: Guy Martins Spitfire

Blog Entries

Guy Martins Spitfire

It's a Netflix video that goes through the process of building from old diagrams an original Mk I Spitfire and subsequent flight. Great video!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

...It is a GREAT program!

Just watched his video of the period leading up to the last Vulcan flight. I wish I could have seen it fly!

Having met Guy at the IOM several years ago and catching up with him at subsequent visit to the 'Island' I can say that when it comes to Guy Martin what you see is what you get.
    Top bloke, loves all old things mechanical, great rider, really fond of pretty women, evil sense of humour and has a personality that is hard to resist.
    Last year he had a terrible TT and earned great respect by not riding in the Senior as he simply had not had track time on the new bike, that shows greater strength of character than just riding around on an unknown bike and getting in other riders way.
    I'm saddened by his decision not to do the IOM again, but he has a lot of challenges lined up.
    Aside from Superbikes, Guy also holds the World Land Speed Record for Bicycles, is an avid Mountain Bike racer, won Pikes Peak first time round.....................
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

and along with his sister runs a pretty good pub too!

Ttfn

Pete

He's a real hard case, is Guy. As Wombat says - what you see is what you get!

He did Pikes Peak on one of his own bikes a couple of years ago.

Great sense of humour and not easily offended.
    The second year we were at the IOM I suggested he write his replies to our conversations on a piece of card and hold them up for us to read because his accent was so broad and he spoke at warp speed.
    Ever since that day he's called me 'Subtitles'...........as in 'Good Morning Sofie, morning Subtitles'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

lol ,thats pretty funny there wombat..ive always been know by nicknames,my dad was sewerpipe,which got me lilpipe ( hate that one) ,PVC,but the one i like most is dumpster dave,is because i tossed a guy into a dumpster and locked him in overnight,next morning he was the one who went to jail as he punched a cop while making his complaint about me locking him in..lol..and a fused to call me DirtyDave,i know thats used alot,and he called me that because i was always going to the bar after work having not showered..lol..Steve for those of you innto bike racing,was the first american to ever win the Austrailain speedway motorcycle championship. dont remember the year though,he and his brother were both 7 time world champions in speedway bikes.

Just watched that program about 2 weeks ago and loved it. Be sure to check out his Avro Vulcan program , another iconic British aircraft ... Mike

Blog Entries
    Just watched Guy Martin: Last Flight of the Vulcan...SUPERB! I always loved the Vulcan especially after seeing it in a James Bond film. From then on I was hooked. Iris Simulations made a very good representation of the Avro Vulcan.
    Ted

by the way...should you buy the Vulcan from Iris it may be long in the tooth but believe me you will need the manual for start-up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Just watched Guy Martin: Last Flight of the Vulcan...SUPERB! I always loved the Vulcan especially after seeing it in a James Bond film. From then on I was hooked. Iris Simulations made a very good representation of the Avro Vulcan.
    Ted

by the way...should you buy the Vulcan from Iris it may be long in the tooth but believe me you will need the manual for start-up correctly.
    If you think the IRIS Vulcan is good (and I love it) checkout Just Flight's Vulcan that is coming up! If the PR.9 is any indication you'll need an even heftier manual!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Josh...this is another reason why I will never give up FSX entirely! https://www.justflight.com/product/avro-vulcan-b-mk2
    Ted

Members who have read this thread: 0