Modifications for the Feelthere ERJ v2

Thread: Modifications for the Feelthere ERJ v2

Modifications for the Feelthere ERJ v2

I very much doubt that anybody flies these things in here, but anyway, here's some mods for this otherwise well rounded product.

Note that some of these mods might also work in the FS9 and P3D releases (I have no opportunity to test them though).

Features

• Replacement of the practically useless approach chart in the VC with the speed limit page from the manual
    • Pop-up displays now use their bezel, improving functionality and making the "no yoke" model superfluous
    • Modified night lighting, doing away with the light splashes and adding a 3D flood light
    • Aircraft Manager that plays along with the FMS and is used for loading and fueling
    • Slightly improved eyepoints and cameras
    • Fix for the annoying fuel pump sound
    • Instructions how to set up shared texture folders for the ERJ
    • Instructions on how to fix the Steam Release of the ERJ as much as possible
    • Pointers to other useful mods

This add-on is partially FS9 compatible (untested) and maybe 64 bit (P3D v4, FSW) compatible!

Pictures

Approach chart replaced with speed chart

Added bezels to pop-up screens

Modified panel lighting

New, separate flood lighting

Aircraft manager

Download

The latest revision of the modifications is available here. Read the included documentation!

I don't own many jets or fly them very often, but when I do, I quite enjoy the FeelThere ERJs. So thank you for sharing your improvements, Bjoern!

I did get them on sale in the case I ended up flying then real world (hopefully for a very short time). Thanks for the work on this.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Well, this is 100% more response than I expected here so far. You guys do surprise once in a while.

Side note: The base product is not 64bit compatible (yet?), but once it is, the mods should work in that release as well.

Blog Entries
    Welll, I build warplanes. I fly regional's. Theyre more my size, and this particular plane has been a favorite since my fs9 days, back in 2007

Well, I'll wait to see what kind of jet FSW will give me, and if it's crap now I can take the 145LR from steam (the one with the sound).

Thanks Bjoern!

You know I thought of changing that "useless" chart to a chart you could read too. The checklist is an even better idea, as of course you'd be stuck with one chart until you altered it again.

I am a fan of these jets. I got them pretty late in their life, just mid last year, but I have flown them quite a few times. I got the bundle with the ERJ V2 AND EMB V2. They have updated the Embraer 175/195 for P3D V4, and I was annoyed because they had a discount for the update for existing owners, but it only lasted for about a month, so I missed out. I fly all the Feelthere jets in P3D V3 with no issues.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Wow, this is getting better and better! Seriously, from the lack of screenshots and talk, I'd never have thought that the Jungle Jet was this popular here.

Is anybody running the FMC with up to date Navdata?
    I found that the 2011 edition that ships with the Steam release does differ quite significantly from the SID/STAR data available in LittleNavMap, making hacking in flight plans a bit tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    Well, I'll wait to see what kind of jet FSW will give me, and if it's crap now I can take the 145LR from steam (the one with the sound).
    If you can, get all three. While the 135s seem to have fallen out of favor for most operators, the 145XR is still going strong and being used on some fairly long routes.

Thank you very much Bjoern.*

I've been on the fence about these jets but since I use FSX-SE, next time they are on sale at Steam I'll take the plunge knowing I can use your mods to improve them.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Thank you very much Bjoern.*

I've been on the fence about these jets but since I use FSX-SE, next time they are on sale at Steam I'll take the plunge knowing I can use your mods to improve them.
    Since you already have some experience with Steam and its idiotic DLC folder protection, I figure a disclaimer is ultimately unnecessary.

P.S:
    If you happen to see the E-jets (175/195) on sale at the same time, give me a heads-up. I've been considering these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Since you already have some experience with Steam and its idiotic DLC folder protection, I figure a disclaimer is ultimately unnecessary.

P.S:
    If you happen to see the E-jets (175/195) on sale at the same time, give me a heads-up. I've been considering these as well.
    Yes, true.

For anyone interested in these ERJ-135LR/145LR/145XR jets to go along with this mod package and don't mind only being able to use them in FSX-SE, they are on sale right now in a bundle at 35% off.

Is anybody running the FMC with up to date Navdata?
    I found that the 2011 edition that ships with the Steam release does differ quite significantly from the SID/STAR data available in LittleNavMap, making hacking in flight plans a bit tedious.

Yeah I was. I am yet to reinstall them as I just reinstalled all my sims not too long ago after the installation of a new OS SSD. I got the Navigraph monthly subscription for a few months last year, so I have up to date FMS data for a lot of aircraft covered by Navigraph up to December 2017. The monthly subscription is really good, as it's not recurring, so you can get it for just one month for not too much, and download FMS data for every aircraft covered.

I also used the freeware navigation database update in FSX and P3D V3, so everything actually matched for a little while.

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Yeah I was. I am yet to reinstall them as I just reinstalled all my sims not too long ago after the installation of a new OS SSD. I got the Navigraph monthly subscription for a few months last year, so I have up to date FMS data for a lot of aircraft covered by Navigraph up to December 2017. The monthly subscription is really good, as it's not recurring, so you can get it for just one month for not too much, and download FMS data for every aircraft covered.

I also used the freeware navigation database update in FSX and P3D V3, so everything actually matched for a little while.

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html
    Been using Hervé's updated database (minus the updated ILS data as it kills procedures), but it doesn't make a difference for LittleNavMap as the latter comes with an AIRAC dated 1707.

Maybe I'll try the 30 day subsacription and just grab what I can - if there isn't a download limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    For anyone interested in these ERJ-135LR/145LR/145XR jets to go along with this mod package and don't mind only being able to use them in FSX-SE, they are on sale right now in a bundle at 35% off.
    I think the offer expired as I only see them at regular price right now.

I think the offer expired as I only see them at regular price right now.
    Still there 2 minutes ago, Bjoern:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/37...__145XR_AddOn/

scroll down the page a little as there are 2 'offers'.

Eh, even as a bundle, $30 is too much for the crippled Steam release. Wait for a better offer, folks!

If this is permanent, this would be the best alternative to the Steam release (although the latter has a more up to date navigation database).

Certainly not permanent, it's 50% off as part of Feelthere's 'Spring Sale' but probably only for a week or so. If folks want it, get in this weekend to avoid disappointment - or wait til next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Certainly not permanent, it's 50% off as part of Feelthere's 'Spring Sale' but probably only for a week or so. If folks want it, get in this weekend to avoid disappointment - or wait til next time.
    In the current Spring Sale via the DTG website store (as opposed to the Steam site) the FeelThere Embraer ERJ 145LR is priced at $7.49, down from $24.99. Sale ends at 3PM BST on the 16th of April!

Members who have read this thread: 1