Blackbox Sims V4 products adivce

Thread: Blackbox Sims V4 products adivce

Blackbox Sims V4 products adivce

Has anyone purchased the Islander or Bulldog from blackbox? http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/in...s/prepar3d-v4/

If so what are their thoughts, Im aware blackbox doesnt have a good wrap, however they are V4 supported and from the images both of them, they look reasonable

I also know there are demos for both, Im just wondering the perspective from someone who purchased it

I have the Bulldog running in P3D 4.2. It's a good-looking model inside and out, and captures the perky Bulldog very nicely. There's a simple Com radio and just one Nav radio so for navigation it's back to basics with a vengeance - no GPS. There are quite a few 'Inop' switches and even a whole dummy radio on the panel. Handling and performance feel about right to this non-pilot - it's a sprightly performer and fun for all the basic aerobatics. She spins beautifully to the right but try as I might I can't get her spinning to the left yet.

There was a problem with installation - Blackbox's 'Preflight Manager' did not install properly from the download and I had to d/l and run it separately. After that, all good. The Preflight Manager is both required and unwelcome but it does let you configure weights, tie-downs, sunglasses etc. if you can be bothered. Support from Mr Blackbox himself (Graham Waterfield) was first rate. Overall, for £16-odd I think the Bulldog is a good buy, and it seems to be backed up with good support.

Couple of annoyances I forgot - the sounds are decent but there's a very obvious 'jump' at maximum RPM. Also, the lower anti-collision light flashes brightly inside the cockpit even though it's right under the belly.

cheers for the reply, I might continue to look for more info

You can download the products as demo, the Islander allows for 5 minutes before the demo times out. I like the Islander just have not pulled the trigger yet.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

I tried the demo. Really didn't like the interior at all. I much prefer the JustFlight BN 2.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    I tried the demo. Really didn't like the interior at all. I much prefer the JustFlight BN 2.
    Sue
    Agreed Sue. My Flight1 Islander (realeased by Just Flight too I think, same thing) works in v4 apart for some missing sounds and effects plus the satnav which was pretty poor to begin with doesn't work at all now. However it's a really good model, flies well, has a very good sound pack and being a short range VFR machine you don't really miss the gps! Not impressed by the modelling and textures of BB's BN2, look up Aus Flight Simmer on YouTube and watch Shane's excellent review of the BB Islander. Regards, Mark

thanks for the feedback, im not a fan of demos as in the past ive had issues of when uninstalling demos they have removed files needed by other models, so i tend to stay away from demos

As for the flight1/virtaiva i heard there were problems, but adding a 3rd party gps is easy and adding sounds is also an easy fix

like i said Blackbox has had some really bad wraps in the past mainly due to their airbus packages

I might revisit the flight 1 one and grab some files off a mate and see how easy it is to fix the missing sounds, gps wont be an issue as i can ad a 2d pop up before committing

Members who have read this thread: 0