P-40Q Warhawk by bub released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P-40Q Warhawk by bub released!

Swagler,

Glad it worked.

voyager

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Swagler,

For some unknown reason win7 does not like 1024 x 768 bitmaps in the panels. This causes lock-up with many AC.

Resizing to 800 x 600 fixed the problem for me.

Allen has fixed this issue with many AC.

I think the different video cards may have something to do with the different experiences running CFS2.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    If you use a 1024x768 bitmap you have to also use 640x480 bitmap like the stock aircraft do. Removing the
    render_3d_window=1 key completely also works or did back before 8 and 10. Otherwise resize the panel down to 800x600.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

I finally fixed black screen after 'Fly Now'. The_Editor, here at SOH addressed this back in 2009: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-to-start-CFS2
    cfs2.CFG LOADWINDOW=0 needs changed to LOADWINDOW=1 Don't know if '0' is always default.

Now, views 1-9 are static, not whipping around as before, I'd like to know how to access both static and dynamic viewing.
    Other present settings: LOADSIM=0 LOADWEATHER=0
    Anyone know what changing these to '1' do?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    If you use a 1024x768 bitmap you have to also use 640x480 bitmap like the stock aircraft do. Removing the
    render_3d_window=1 key completely also works or did back before 8 and 10. Otherwise resize the panel down to 800x600.
    I think 'render_3d_window=x' is in several cfg's, which files are you referring to? I tried 1280x960, and it flew, but gauges... were way out of alignment.
    I feared downsizing for same reason. Strangely simply making 1025x769 works.

Allen- I should have checked first. I see in default_panels.cfg, and every aircraft panel.cfg. All of mine are set to 1.

The render_3d_window= key seem to only be a problem if your aircraft only uses 1024x768 panel bitmaps. Stock aircraft use 1024x768 and low res 640x480. default_panels.cfg doesn't use a bitmap image so it works just fine with the key in place as well.

Not sure if CFS2 can make since of things above 1024x768. Never seen a problem resizing down to 800x600 ever or seen any post of a problem from it.

Another thing is maybe using CFGedit to move the gauges on the panel that are out of place.

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Design.htm
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    A little something for Ivan. I took the texture done by Michael Pook for a FS 2004 model and modified it to suit. All I did was to soften up the colors a bit. It's the NX 300 B Racer. It still has the .50's and bomb/tank rack. Something to deal with the competition.
    Bob
    Definitely a cool looking aeroplane!
    We don't mind guns as long as the Race authorities don't have a problem with it.
    Those Mustangs may be faster, but P-40's maneuver better!

;-)
    - Ivan.

Ivan,
    I'll send you a copy of the textures. I agree, the P-40's could maneuver better. Erik Shilling, of the Flying Tigers, wrote an article about the P-40. If I still have it, I'll post it. It was a real eye opener.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Members who have read this thread: 0