Using Flight Simulator and Car Racing off of 1 computer

Thread: Using Flight Simulator and Car Racing off of 1 computer

Threaded View

Using Flight Simulator and Car Racing off of 1 computer

As I mentioned before, I would like to get into car racing using something like Assetto Corsa. I have been using FSX for close to 15 years with my computer and joystick on a computer desk. This computer is also used for the internet.
    I had been thinking of getting an Xbox OneX, but am having a hard time justifying $500 for it, and then another $400 or so getting a good wheel and pedal set.
    I am now thinking of getting Assetto Corsa on Steam and run both FSX and A.C. off of the same computer. Setting up a wheel and pedal at the desk would not be an option, so the car racing setup would have to be separate, using another monitor.
    As this is a flight simulator forum with a separate sub-forum for car racing, I would assume that those of you that have both, have worked out a way to use one without having to disable the other.
    What is involved with hooking up a separate monitor and controller setup into one computer? How far can a monitor cable be run? and what length of cables come with a wheel and pedal set?
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Edit... It looks like those 3 letters are being censored, it's not the way I wrote those words.
    Last edited by Dangerousdave26; February 27th, 2018 at 16:23. Reason: Testing censorship option change

Members who have read this thread: 0