Wim's Fokker D.XVII for FSX?

Thread: Wim's Fokker D.XVII for FSX?

Wim's Fokker D.XVII for FSX?

Good morning,
    I managed to get Wim's Fokker D.XVII (the one for FS9) to show in FSX by modifying the MDL file with FRHED. I did a few other things to get it presentable in FSX (some gauge swaps in particular, had to swap out the prop textures too); the flight dynamics are about spot-on as is. I also found Gary Jones' excellent RR Kestrel sounds which are just sublime. What do you all think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D17-205.jpg   D17-205 VC.jpg   Biplanes.jpg  

She looks like a Hawker Fury...wrong?

JMC

That looks promissing. If i remember well i did a FSX conversion for that d17 some years ago.
    Let me know if your interested and i'll look up the model for you.

Wim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fokker D17 FSX.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    That looks promissing. If i remember well i did a FSX conversion for that d17 some years ago.
    Let me know if your interested and i'll look up the model for you.

Wim
    Sir I'm always interested.

Love your work.

Did you do your C.X in FSX too?
    (Not that I would do any 'Huisje-Boompje-Beestje' missions or anything in FSX...but it just seems to fit...)

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    She looks like a Hawker Fury...wrong?

JMC
    It is very similar to the Fury. They even have the same engine type (Rolls Royce Kestrels). The Fury has slightly different empennage and Hawker made a LOT more than Fokker did with the D.XVII. Interestingly enough the first D.XVII had a Curtiss Conquerer engine and was intended for the Netherlands East Indies (the ML-KNIL); it had a different profile than the Kestrel-engined birds. The ML-KNIL turned it down and went with Curtiss P-6's.

Hi Drzook,

i found the FSX files.
    I left out the sound files and the texture files, only put in the converted prop textures.
    Put in the original textures except those for the props and some sound and see what you can do with it.

I don't remember doing the CX for FSX , but i'll will search my disks.

Wim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the model Wim...Looking good...the panel is back to being multi-colored. I'll see what I can do about radio equipment that was off to the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D17fsx.jpg   D17fsx-vc.jpg  

Hello all,
    Here's what I got going so far. For the life of me I cannot find a decent old-timey ADF radio tuner that doesn't take up half the instrument panel; that's on a pop-up for now. As for a nav/com I found a Narco 110 that looked similar to the original(but still not period correct but I liked the look). The ADF/dual needle RMI came from Jens' Lockheed Orion and just looks right. Tell me what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d17fsx-VC II.jpg   d17fsx-207.jpg  

Lookin' mighty good Drzook
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

With Wim's approval I am uploading the Fokker D.XVII here. It's been a while since I've uploaded anything so... [fingers crossed]

Members who have read this thread: 0